Wharton State Foprest

Discussion in 'East - USA' started by nep2012, Aug 4, 2015.

1. nep2012 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 te 310
    Has anybody heard the news about the motorized vehicle ban in the pine barrens and seen the map designating which roads we are allowed to ride on? Not good. Only main roads with a 20 mph limit. All secondary roads are off limits. Guess we are gonna all have to be outlaws. They put this law in place to stop people from damaging the forest. The ones doing it do not abide by laws in the first place, Responsible riders are the ones who will get effected by this. What a shame.
  2. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    LandofMotards likes this.
  3. ks9mm Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 Beta 300RR
    did you talk to Rob Auermuller?

he is full of shit! he is behind all the closures and its more like 90% of the roads. they cut down good large trees to block off roads.

bottom line is this.. it's america.. and you simply can't just do something without good reason and public input and review..

NJ is a communist state and few elite impose their rule on everyone. now they want to privatize the forest..
  4. NicaJohn Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 cr125 02 cr135 02 wr144
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kdx200,2015 beta 430rr
    Couldn't have said it better. I wasn't aware of the ban but last time I went to ride,more towards the LBI area, a commonly used trail had quite a few big trees downed across it. I know it is thanks to people trashing the place but my friends and I have, on more than one occasion, cleaned up our little run we had going. After a Friday or Saturday night there would be beer cans everywhere and smoldering tire/debris. And now we have to suffer. I still take the chance and always will till something changes. What's the point of having an area like the pine barrens if you can't enjoy it.
    I guess they are just waiting for a chance to sell chunks of it for houses.
  5. eel125 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    I thought some of those roads were fire roads designed for fire vehicles to get through ...i have come upon many roads blocked by large trees ..what would happen if there ever was a fire and equipment cant get through..ive seen the same thing where large trees are intentionally cut down blocking the roads..ive seen this near Lacey Twsp