Western Hare Scramble, Gorman, CA

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Tinken, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Erek Kudla Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi,

Director of the West Hare Scramble Championship here trolling the internet! Mike Hathaway actually sent me the link.

Glad you guys had a blast! Hope to see you at more rounds of the Western National series'. Zip-Ty Husky has stepped up to back the series and we are very grateful to have them, along with all our sponsors on board.

Feel free to email me any questions you might have - erekkudla@gmail.com

and check out the web sites for more information! - www.westharescramble.com www.nationalhareandhound.com
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Troll. Great to see you here in the Cafe' Erek.
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Thanks for coming by Erek and Happy Birthday!
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Thanks for making sure these races keep going Erek.
  5. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    At ETRA we are looking forward to our turn on Fathers Day weekend as usual at the Big K in Elkton, Oregon
    Its been pretty dry this winter so you southerners may be right at home. Great rain this week is keeping the pastures green. 3 months to go, lots can happen.
    Tinken likes this.
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Here's the viddy

isldtime, Tinken, robertaccio and 2 others like this.
  7. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That kx rider must have feared you greatly just judging by how quick he slammed the door on you at the start ... Then the coca-cola guy wanted to rub bars on the first corner? That's racing and about all I've got buffered so far :) .. (You have a typo on your opening screen words)

--
    Up to the 1st uphill ... You did a very good thing stopping like that ...

The inside move you made at the ~3:20 mark looked PRO....I could see you were setting that rider up but was not sure you could pull that move off ... Reminded me a little of TC41 or Eli ... RV2 would have probably railed that outside line you looked at first before the dive inside... Gotta add you took his line away pretty gracefully on the exit also ...

4:55 and its all about line choice and laying that yamahammer in the shade!

You'll have to explain 7:13~~ :)
  8. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's funny, didn't even notice scranble. Was my first time using GoPro Studio and was trying to figure out if the title tool worked like a word processor or a character generator like we use at work. Have to fix it in post post.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    From the rider with an estart dusted on the starting line to the guy making passes his own-way later in the race, your rookie racing days are over! Go ahead and start building a trophy case... You are gonna need one...

Good job at playtime!
  10. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well, I really didn't want to get caught in a first turn pile up trying for the holeshot, so I waited a beat before dumping the clutch. In hindsight, I may have avoided the whole thing on the hill if I had gone for it. After the mayhem I was behind the last starting line so I had a lot of ground to make up. I don't think I quite deserve the accolades as most of them were guys on far less capable bikes than my beasty.

The guy on the KTM I was chasing until about the 8 min Mark when I passed him in the whoops was the one who looped out and landed on us at the start.
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I always stayed way outside also when I first started ... Just didn't want to get chewed up at the start ... I'll stick it in there a little more now ... Seems you just gotta block everything out and beat everyone to that corner and you'll be safe for that moment.

The left side line up that hill was open but it's always easy to see that stuff on cam after it has happened ... Helmets help the head but do nothing for your neck ... You don't wanna hit nobodys' neck for sure. Seems in a race, as much as possible, you do not wanna be in the same line as the guy in front. That's following, not racing. I'm very guilty of that one.

Being in a race will certainly give a person a very good idea of what goes on out there AND show how hard it is to do just start and finish a single race ...
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    to finish first, first you must finish, especially in offroad/enduro/XC you gotta balance between getting a clear start and letting the jackrabbits/hares get the jump,,, so they wear down later and you turtle pass them as the race progresses.
    Always a big part of the ammie racing game,
    1 for me is always to finish/not hour out/challenge myself against course/accomplish my finish goal
    2 to avoid, stay away from other riders (I hated when that guy stayed next to you- make the pass hard or back the F off, and minimizing chance of bike to bike crashes, ammies are way more dangerous and unpredictable than pros . that was evidenced by the guy who slammed into you guys--that was pure stupidity, I may have lost my cool over that one.
    3 go for the class win(last thought)
    Glad you all supported this event Ereks crew IMHO puts on the best SoCal events for many reasons.
    remember when you catch up to someone -you are faster than them- set up and make a confident pass on them- safely but hard/loud, it usually unnerves them, if you go soft most times they will try to race with you and get you screwed up. Hard passes are part of the game- also thank yous are good to yell for sportsmanship in single track races. (Marty Smith MX school taught me the hard/loud but safe pass logic)
    isldtime likes this.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Exactly what I do as well. I love the long ISDE's and its always hilarious to see guys moto start a 120 mile, 6 hour race ha ha ha The other thing to remember on a start is be careful in the first few corners but then go for it because it is easier to get by guys in bunches and not get stuck behind spodes at the first obstacle. Also race a class above what you think you are so you can be the spode... :D
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Cool video! You can see my golf cart at 1:00 and me at 14:22.
    Important part of your race is just to relax and have fun. I can get a lot more power out of your 449 and proper tire setup will make you a lot faster too. Those guys who fell on the hill climb really have no business racing the western hares or the nationals which are much harder than district races.
    robertaccio and Huskynoobee like this.
  15. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    You passed a lot of riders while riding your "street bike":applause: And by the way Tinken, did you ever hear a stumble or sputter from that 449??
    Wonder why??:excuseme:
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    This is a hard one. Um.. because he had my ecu? I'm actually putting that ecu into my Rhino.
    isldtime likes this.
  17. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    I wish my TR650 ran that good..

Tinken likes this.
  18. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
  19. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    RynoPower oh wait that name is already taken...