1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Weisco 250 husky piston(air cooled)

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Bigbill, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    How noisy was the piston slap?

I'm switching from blendeze castor to maxima 727 castor oil blend. At 20:1 mix. 40:1 super maxima didn't work for me.
  2. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I only had it running just prior to paying for it at purchase time. The packing in the silencer was shot so I did not hear it. I did not even start after purchase because I wanted to check the engine and mechanical condition. I tested the compression and after finding only 100 psi with wide open throttle I decided to pull the top end. I ended up removing the engine from the frame first because I could not remove the cylinder while it was still in the frame (hitting on the down tube)
  3. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    I learned through experience to freshen every purchase even though it runs good. With my luck in a short time they fail anyway. Most of the time the crank is good. At the cost of crankbearings, seals, new piston, I bore it myself it's well worth it than taking a chance on the crank failing if the piston goes by running it.

Since dirt can get into the open cylinder stud holes I remove the cylinder with the engine case upside down. This way the dirt falls down. But the case gets disassembled and washed anyway. I try to get nothing in the lower bearing n the rod.
    jack topper likes this.