1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc WB165 Big Thumbs Up

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by hussy144, Jul 8, 2012.

1. hussy144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Rode my 165 today and i have to say is thanks to Walt and Kelly for making this happen.Rode today only for about an hour but right away the bike sounds deeper and you now have torque at the bottom rpms.The few Hill climbs that i did try,she chugged up effortlessly with out getting wild & crazy with the throttle,yup i think Kelly is right this is got to be the perfect blend of power for tight gnarly woods riding.I let my friend who is riding a recently rebuilt 1993 Honda cr250 take my bike for a spin, he can back saying that he could not believe there was not much of a difference in power between our bikes.Now hes entertaining the thought of going the Husky WB165 way.
    Jersey Woods and huskybear like this.
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Very cool glad you like it; sweet combo for sure. Hey are you running the 200 exhaust?
  3. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
    Sounds very tempting although I am quite happy with mine as a 144 for now. Maybe I will change my mind if I ever meet you on the trail sometime.I do ride at greenstone once in a while, I'll keep my eyes and ears open when I'm up there!:cheers:.
  4. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV
    That combo sounds great..... Glad you like it.... There nothing better then a bike that makes it's rider completely happy....
  5. Gotlabs Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 CR144 X 2!
    Yall are killing me 165 this....165 that....165 is so awesome....165 is amazing......165 blah blah blah.....don't you people know I am weak!!! I am trying my hardest to wait until after Christmas to get another bike, but all of this praise and happiness is pushing me to my limit !!
    bbc likes this.
  6. hussy144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh for sure I running that 200 pipe,and it fits perfectly on the bike.
  7. hussy144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Sounds good,im usually riding at inks lake exit 355 off the coke, so come take her for a spin
    huskybear likes this.
  8. Jersey Woods I live to ride !

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 WR 150 2018 TE 150
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM EXC 250 F Honda 300 ATV

That's the beauty of the internet.....Information about your dream bike is real easy to come by... But to resist the temptation to buy one is the hard part...:notworthy:
    huskybear likes this.
  9. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    I had my first date with the 165 yesterday as well. The first thing all my riding buddies noticed was the sound....it sounds soooo much deeper and sounds really good. Everything that has been said about the 165 is true.

I was having a bad day riding, hadn't been out in a while, wrist was sore from arthritis from an old injury, forks are too stiff, but the 165 made my life SOOOOO much easier when I really needed it. I was doing tight hill climbs in second with a bit of clutching, where previously I would've been in first for sure. If you really needed it, 1st gear was like 4-low in a truck, and you could crawl just about anything.

Once I get my forks figured out, this bike will be perfect.

The terrain I ride mainly is tight, tight treed, rooted, rocked west coast single track. Nothing high speed yesterday, barely opened the power valves all day.

Thanks Walt and Kelly!
  10. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Cool Poopy glad to hear you like yours as well. On the forks....I sent my out to get revalved and wow what a difference. My bike is the 08 CR and they would beat the bars out of my hands at slower speeds on sharp/small bumps. Get yours sorted and you will be even happier; enjoy.
  11. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Beating the bars out of my hands sounds about right... I think I will send them to Ian at Riders Edge which is pretty close to me, It's about $1000 for forks and shock for his "works" kit.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Darin has said great things about his work and intend to send him the suspension off a buddies bike to try to find the magic carpet ride. Let us know how yours works when you get it back.
  13. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Yes please let us know how it turns out. The guy I used did a very good job but was very s l o w :D.
  14. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Will do!
  15. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    You are lucky to live there,If I lived up there, I would be riding or fishing every chance I get! I usually try to get up there on long week-ends(along with every-body else it seems)I'll pm you next time I'm heading up there riding:cheers:!
  16. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

As an aside for you guys to think about. I am trying to put together a deal to get another pipe put together for the 165. The FMF fatty is ideal for a guy like me that likes to spend 90% of his time riding below the power valves flowing with torque and making time by keeping momentum with occasional bursts into the go fast zone. But there are a number of other riders that would like to have the option to make haste quickly with more upper mid and never ending top end. We have found a pipe that delivers that. It is no longer made but makes huge mid and never ending ripping top. If the stars align we should be able to get it copied and available. I still think the Fatty is the pipe of choice for the majority but for that contingent that makes haste much quicker than average we will have a pipe to match those needs. I can say in all seriousness it makes the bike a handful everywhere above ~5500 rpm to about 12000 rpm. Too much for me but I am old, fat, and slow. JFYI
    huskybear likes this.
  17. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Just when I'm happy with my wr144,all these posts and pictures of the 165 are killing me!:lol::cheers:.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  18. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I too had a 144 but I drank the WB165 kool aide and.........it's VERY GOOD :D.
  19. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Thanks,your not helping!:mad::lol:.
    Gotlabs likes this.
  20. hussy144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you checked out LTR in Washington, I sent my forks down to Les because i had the same problem.Now my front tire follows the terrain like its magnetized,and if you do have any questions Les is one of the most pleasant person you can talk with, plus you wont spend nearly as much or for that expensive word "works".