Warranty on street legal 510 TE

Discussion in 'Husqvarna Motorcycles Corporation' started by pholm, Jan 24, 2011.

1. pholm Husqvarna

Hi all,

I bought a 2010 TE 510 with an extended 3 year warranty. I have heard conflicting information about warranty if the power up ( de-smog) is applied. The bike is stock form is nearly unusable.

If I install the power up components, does this void the warranty?

Thanks, in advance, Paul
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Right now many things are in a state of flux, and I do not think anyone from the Corporation will answer you.. but it is possible.

I'm not terribly sure what I should do with this forum at the moment, more info should be coming in soon that will help me to decide.
  3. Up-tite Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Probably will be Ok as the extended warrenty has nothing to do with Husqvarnas warrenty, they are totally different company. It would be up to them as how they would handle it, not Husqvarna
    Later George
    Coffee likes this.
  4. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Thanks George. I missed the word 'extended'...
  5. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    With regards to the factory warranty...

If you install the powerup, it does NOT void the warranty - it shortens it. Extended warranties take over when the factory warranty expires, so...
  6. pvduke Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tripple-hondo hoosk...
    Other Motorcycles:
    dozens of them, kicked to the curb
    i'm a vehicle service contract administrator. if the bike is not "modified" with a/m parts or "raced" in most cases yer fine removing the "restrictors" or adding factory approved, type/model specific accesories/parts. read the exclusions in the back of your vehicle service contract. also- the seller that does the work will file your claim so not to worry, if its a legit failure to an engine, trans, covered system it'll be covered by them, esp if the failure is unrelated to the affected system. in my experience i dont think ya have much to worry about. if you want to fax me your VSC, blot out senstive info and ill review it for ya.