1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

VForce Reeds - 1974 250 Mag

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by watto450, Mar 10, 2015.

1. watto450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1965 250, 1978 390 Auto, 1983 510 TX
    Hey guys.. anyone using the Vforce set up in a Mag or GP 250...?? I bought a set and have them installed.. haven't run it yet..just wondering about jetting??. Steve recommends an increase in jetting ... I have been using Boyesen and have a 38mm Mikuni..anyone tried out this VForce set up and how much of an increase in main jets etc did you have to go..??
  2. Marc Warburton Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    74 250 Mag
    Watto, what are you using for your jetting on the 38 mike-mike, before the Vforce install? What oil and mix ratio do you use? Thanks, Marc
  3. watto450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Currently running;
    440 main jet
    50 pilot
    R0 jet needle
    6DH2 neddle jet
    and a 2.0 air jet.. 3.0 slide.. and Motorex full synth at 40:1.. premium unleaded which out here is about 98 RON..oh yeah..and Boyesen reeds..

Instructions that came with the reeds were a recommendation to go richer .. especially if have been using Boyesen..

Anyone using these yet..??
  4. watto450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Bump... so .. I sent an email to Huskydoggg.. no reply.. I understand that he is not doing HVA stuff anymore.. so.. I wanted to know which "stock" VForce he modified to make a set for the Mag.. I would like to know so that when I have to buy a set of replacement reeds... I know which ones to buy.. I don't want to cut this grass and make some for myself.. I just need to know in case I need to replace the petals.. Anyone..??
  5. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna 510TE , 300WR Etc...
    Be patient, we are working with V-Force to make a production version of this at the moment....

Andy
  6. darren7878 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    79 CR390 and 84 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    81 Maico, 79 Kawasaki, 88 Honda
    I have a set in a 250 but it's an 84. I've run the bike and pulled the plug and it's nice brown.

I'm still running the same jetting I used with the standard setup.

My gut feeling is it's running slightly rich off the bottom but ok on the top.

Think it's probably pretty safe to run you bike and see how it feels and check the plug too
  7. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now

Will this vee force fit the late 70's to '83 250/430 4 reed double block intakes?
  8. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    81 last year of double block for 250, 82 began single block. oddly air cooled 430 bikes all have the double block.
  9. watto450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    At the time that Huskydogg had the VForce for sale, ther was a kit for the 1982 ish 250's.. as justintendo has mentioned.. the single block.. may be able to search back thru this forum and find reference..
  10. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

That is the plan...

Andy
  11. watto450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I ran my bike in on Saturday.. whilst I was only going slowly.. eventually after about 4 sets of 3 laps..I got some speed up... felt OK.. ish... the ground at the track where I was is very hard at the moment.. it's April but it is still 29 degrees..not much rain as yet.. I feel OK with the 460 main jet.. first event for the year is coming up.. sand track..so will be OK with the larger jetting.. sand = more hard work for the engine.. will review jetting again after sand..
  12. watto450 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Raced my bike over the wekend.. was in sand, so fairly heavy going.. not too bad.. maybe a little "fat" in the middle.. I was talking to one of teh other guys who runs a bike dyno shop.. he says that when they (back when 2 smokes were popular) but Boyesen in , say , a 125 they went down in the jetting , because more fuel was going in with the better reed petals.. so he reasoned that the VForce had more volume, then the main jetting should be made smaller.. Any thoughts..Anyone..??
    darren7878 likes this.
  13. hva-factory CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    OK - here are the first production units: Price to be confirmed.

Andy. IMG_0628.jpg
    justintendo likes this.
  14. darren7878 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    79 CR390 and 84 CR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    81 Maico, 79 Kawasaki, 88 Honda
    Yours sounds a little like mine ? Strong in the middle and top but some bottom end lost ? If I play with the needle position I can get a very aggressive hit mid range but off the bottom with the 84 250 it's very flat.
  15. Bigbill Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250wr
    Other Motorcycles:
    0 right now
    Yup with boyesen reeds they richened the system because of more gas flow. Installing the UFO in the bottom of the mikuni round slide did make it more rich too. The balance screw to set it at is 3/4 to 1 1/2 turns. Change your pilot till the engine runs smooth at the 3/4 to 1 1/2 screw setting. Set your needle in the middle position. Then change the main till it smooths out. I go bigger till it's blubbery if it's blubbery(rich) at the start then go smaller till the richness cleans up. Then the next movement is the needle. Once the needle delivers in its sweet spot the balance screw is the last tweeking.

My point is each aftermarket thing we add improves the fuel delivery. I admit the old fuel delivery system is crude. Adding the better reeds and the UFO in the round slide carb does improve. The lectron is a tad better. Jetting is easy to get it to 90% perfect. The last 10% will peck your brain. Just remember to write the whole jetting process down. Keep a record of where it was and the changes your making.
    Motosportz likes this.
  16. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    the lectron is a "tad" better? better own one first and get back to me on that! your first paragraph is true but the 'tron makes it quite obsolete.