1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC VForce 4 + TE300 2015 - installation issue. Any ideas?

Discussion in '2st' started by Georgy, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Georgy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300, TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX65, Triumph Tiger
    the beginning vas nice, apart from installing the carb - it did not get in so I had to take the airboot off, install the carb and take in on back

[IMG]

and when I got the air boot on it's place, it was warped, deformated so the air channel was basically closed
    (see on the photo the depth of the boot)
    [IMG]

I see that V4 is quite thicker than stock V3. Is this the only problem?
    stock v3 did fit very well

Thanks a lot for any hints how best to resolve the issue (cutting th airboot is always an option... the last one)
    Regars
  2. PDL Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf 450X, Ktm 625 SXC....
    Good information. The problem may be that you are installing with the Lectron Carb. I believe you have to trim the stock boot for the Lectron installation.
  3. Husky_10 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Yamaha SP R1
    My ride is a 2017 Husqvarna TX 300. I am waiting on my VFORCE4 to arrive in February. I am running a Lectron and the install was very tight. The air boot clamp was hitting the rear shock. Then I installed the Intake Flange from a 2017 KTM 300 xc-w which is 10mm shorter. Part #55430250000 after installing the KTM xc-w Intake Flange the install was perfect....

Attached Files:

robertaccio and Idacurt like this.
  4. Georgy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300, TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX65, Triumph Tiger
    That's great info , Husky_10. I have ordered this flange, in two weeks I will know if it helps or not.
    Thank you !
  5. Husky_10 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Yamaha SP R1
    Let us know how it works out...
  6. suhoi27 Husqvarna
    AA Class

the 2017 flange will NOT fit 2016 and earlier TE's. What I did in order to fit VForce4 and Lectron on my 2016 TE300 was to make (on mill) a specific, angled spacer to move the crappy Lectron out of my shock's spring;

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

At the end I removed and sold the Lectron-it never worked properly and created some dangerously lean conditions in certain throttle positions, in the same time it was reacher in another throttle positions. Yeah, I had 6 rods to play with and believe me, I am a very patient person. Spent months on this crap.
  7. Georgy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300, TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX65, Triumph Tiger
    sukhoi27

i am coming to the same conclusion after reading your message and measuring carefully my bike. Even with vforce 3 , my airboot was scratched by the shock spring, with vforce 4 there is just no free space for Lectron.
    I am just asking myself - what the hell many shops sell Lectron and say it will fit your bike 100% ...

Attached Files:

8. suhoi27 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well....because these shops want to sell some stuff....HOWEVER I decided not to buy even a single piece from a shops which already played not too well with me-this is Lectron and Slavens racing (to name the big ones)...small or unknown shops rarely play shitty games simply because they cannot afford it.

If we speak about VForce 4-have a look at the front part (towards the engine) it has some 5mm or so "step" which actually is a really decent torque spacer which is a good thing.. The OEM 2015 reed cage was not the best one, the 2017 is a real piece of junk, luckily Vforce4 is coming in a few weeks time.
  9. Georgy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300, TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX65, Triumph Tiger
    Gents, some follow up
    1) flange #55430250000 has totally different mounting dimentions and does not fit; unfortunately I have prepaid it before seeing a reply from well respected Suhoi27

2) After cutting the boot I somehow assembled it alltogether, but the boot is touching the shok (there is not much of spring's movement though).

I will try to glue a patch to a boot to protect it for a while from wearing and see how it works.

There are so much of positive feedback re Lectron (like if my kids were describing how good candies are... ) so I want to build my own judgement, as much as my gumby experience can do

With VForce 3 the assembly will be clearly better.

Attached Files:

10. suhoi27 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What I can do for your "pain" is to give you the angled spacer I made, for free. So if you have somebody from Russia coming to Bulgaria in some reason, I can gladly give it (or ship ) it to him. It will be an absolutely free gift
    Georgy and shawbagga like this.
  11. Georgy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300, TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX65, Triumph Tiger
    Sukhoi27, thank you very much for your great offer to reduce (or increase then -) ) my pain, I am honestly very touched. Bad luck , I know nobody from Bulgaria.
    If one day you are close to the post office, if you have time , I would suggest that you send me a mail and I then will find a way to say "thank you" by sending transfer or beer or pizza or whatever :)
  12. suhoi27 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No worries! I can send you this part, just was not sure how high are your customs fees etc. I can check for some post service if you want to-just PM me your address.
    PDL likes this.
  13. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450

Dude, that is just cool of you.
    87husky500xc likes this.
  14. cbr929 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 350 2016 TE 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 Honda cbr929 1999 Ducati 750
    Im trying to follow this thread and thinking of getting the V4 for my16 TE 300 w/the stock carb.
    are there Fitment issue's???

thanks
  15. suhoi27 Husqvarna
    AA Class

No fitment issues with VForce4 and the stock carb. - it works perfect