Vertically Impared

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by EF2.0, Nov 16, 2008.

1. EF2.0 Husqvarna
    B Class

My wife is pretty short about 5' 2" and I was thinking about picking up a TE 250 for her but im worried she wont be able touch the floor does anybody have any suggestions or maybe even a different bike

Let me know

Thanks
    :usa:
  2. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    Will this be your wife's first bike? If so, I'd probably go with something smaller and lighter until she picks up some skills worthy of a TE250. Learning how to ride a dirt bike is intimidating enough even without having to deal with the tippy-toe issue. If she already knows how to ride, get the TE and lower it via internal suspension mods.

I'm 5'1" with short legs and had my 610 lowered and re-valved by Les at LTR. He does great work. I also ride a KTM450 in the dirt and we lowered that ourselves with a lowering kit from RaceTech since the suspension was pretty close and didn't need a re-valve. They don't offer a kit for the Huskies, but I'd guess if your wife is only 5'2" she'd probably need a re-valve anyway.

Good luck!

WoodsChick
  3. Boom Boom Husqvarna
    AA Class

Buy her a trials bike !!!
    No problem touching the ground and impossible to stall.
    You can allways add a little seat if needed.
    If you want to stay enduro type bike, then the Kawasaki KE 100 is hard to beat for a light starter bike.
    If you want something that is plated then the Honda 230 is hard to beat. I have a Yamaha TW-200 for my wife, easy to ride but very heavy.
  4. bendbiker Husqvarna
    B Class

Another bike we're considering for my wife is the Yamaha XT225 which is street legal, supposedly great suspension and the lightest of that class. Have not riden or seen one yet, but LOTS of forums and info about it.

Cutting the seat down on the TE will loss 1.5 inches.