Valve Tappet Adjustment Bolt, Wrong Lenght.

Discussion in '610/630' started by knucklehead, Mar 20, 2021.

1. knucklehead Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XS 650
    Hello from Finland! Im new here and I need to ask about something I cannot find out:

Im building 2000 year te 610 engine and one valve tappet bolt got bad threads. Now these are 25mm long, but all I can find is this:
    number 59036062000
    M6x0.75
    20mm long
    And I also have four of these, but useless now.
    I dont know do I have different cylinderhead than original, it has the extra oil line for camshaft bearing.

Do anyone know item number and where I can find 25mm long tappet bolt?

Attached Files:

2. daftmate Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x '89 TC510, 1x '89 TE510 +7 more.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BSA 10, Matchless G3LS, Yamaha HL540
    At first look it appears you have the rocker box from a TE610E electric start/right kicker. But from what I can see of your engine it looks like a left kick start only. So no oil feed for the cam and no head steady bracket. Can you just confirm the basic engine type ? I’m sure we can sort the correct tappet bolts from there.
  3. knucklehead Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XS 650
    Yes the engine originally leftkicker, cylinder seems to be aftermarket and didnt know where rocker is from, but maybe 610E like you said, but there is oil line place, you can see the banjo bolt. I have original rocker also but I like this one because of the oil line place and oil is took from cranckcase.
    But no more idea, someone else built this, I just serviced it.

Attached Files:

4. knucklehead Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XS 650
    I think I found it, hell it is expensive for a screw. part number is 8A0079058. Found it from 2009 TE 610 engine diagram.
  5. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    Have you tried ebay? I got a bag of *engine fasteners* for my TE250 from someone who stripped a bike with a bad engine and sold all the parts.
  6. knucklehead Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XS 650
    gotta try that. 40euros is too much for a bolt :D

thanks!
    Eoin likes this.
  7. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    I paid that for most engine fasteners (including what I actually needed) and replacement oil screens. I was able to swap out other fixings for better condition ones and have a bag of spares for the future.
  8. ceevu Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 610/630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Elefant, husaberg fe501
    To me it seems that you have about 5mm thread left in that picture? If so,then those shorter ones might work too. Worth a try If you already have those... others might say that its cheap if you can have it for just money... husaberg used similar parts,maybe ktm had them too,and could be cheaper. Or not.
  9. knucklehead Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha XS 650
    I tried of course, too short, no way to tighten nut correctly.I bought new one, expensive but anyway the correct one.

thanks everyone for answering!