Use 2007 motor in 2008 frame with FI

Discussion in '610/630' started by Circus, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Circus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hi guys,

The motor in my 2008 Husky 610SM is shot and the dealer wants $3500 to rebuild the whole thing (cylinder, piston, valves, gears, etc.). I am wondering if I find a 2006 or 2007 motor from a carbed model if I can use that in my 2008 and use the fuel injection from the my 2008 model. I am thinking that as long as the throttle bodies are the same size then I should be good, but perhaps there are other consderations . . .?
  2. grinder96 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, SM610
    Other Motorcycles:
    VFR800, XR80
  3. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Where are the sensors mounted for the efi .They got a crank angle sensor or flywheel pickup?
    You my get lucky and be able to swap on parts from your efi to the carb motor for sensors or maybe not.
    Sorry not much help .Conversions always bring something unexpected but can be rewarding
  4. Circus Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bumping this up. My 2008 610 with FI has been sitting in my garage for 3 years without a motor. I am starting to look for a motor again and wondering if anyone know if a 2007 or 2006 can be dropped in.
  5. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    WickedWill is on the right track. As far as I know there's nothing structural/mechanical that'll be at issue (engine/frame mating) but the more likely issue lies in the electronics (the wiring harness, and where the connectors are, what they are, and what their reach is, etc.) I can't imagine it'll be that difficult to surmount, but as he's pointed out there are always going to be unexpected issues. Perhaps looking at the parts diagrams of the two bikes will be helpful.