1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Unadilla MX Rewind

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by Gord, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's that time of year when I have to ask for help with the ahrma Trials at Unadilla this year. June 10th.
    It isn't a real Trials without checkers, and I need enough to man 10 sections. Last years Trials was a huge success do to you folks who helped out. I received many complements on how well it went, even from one ahrma member who said it was the best ahrma Trials they had competed in. This was all do to the folks who helped out.
    There was some confusion last year as to folks who were helping me getting in the gate for free. If you will be helping to check a section, you will get in free on Friday. BUT ... I need your first and last name in advance, so I can have a list for the people at the gate. Otherwise they will charge you. This was my fault last year, as I had folks tell me they were helping, but didn't have an actual list, as I didn't know I needed one. Now I know.
    Thanks in advance!
    You can let me know here on the forum, by sending me a PM or by emailing me at gabrennan@sbcglobal.net
    If I don't get back to you, it means something went wrong in the system, so try again.
  2. cruisetopdown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1982 and 1983 Husqvarna 250 XC's
    Hey Gord, Steve and I plan to be there again this year, sign us up! We had a lot of fun hangin' with the trials crowd.
    w
  3. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    I would like to get my Cota 349 there sometime but I need to install a new connecting rod and a new carb. The Amal that came with it was in pieces and turned out a few were missing so I got a 26mm Mikuni VM and was able to adapt it pretty cleanly. Unfortunately I have not been able to remove any of the jets as they seem to be seized into the carb body. I am tired of dealing with it so I am going to get a new OKO from MAVT after I get it together after the rod installation.
  4. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Not too late to sign up! HELP!!
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    What time is the trial? I'm thinking about doing PV XC race and might be able to help, if they don't conflict.
  6. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ktm, Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha
    Same here as Norm. Happy to help if no conflict....let us know please...
  7. disonny Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    73 360 wr/rt, 75 wr250 78 cr250,
    Other Motorcycles:
    83 wr250, 84 wr400
    I helped last year and the trials is after the PV CC. But there isn't a lot of time in between. It was fun watching all the old trials bikes tho. I'm doing it this year too.
  8. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks folks. Yes, the trials is directly after the XC race. I can't start the Trials until all the XC guys are off the course, as I'm using some of the XC loop for the Trials loop. I have had several guys either ride both events (XC and Trials) or ride the PV XC and then check a Trials section, so there is time in between. Just not much.
    If you give me your first and last names I will add you to the worker list and you will get in free on Friday.
    Thanks again! gabrennan@sbcglobal.net
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

ribbon off the trials section from the XC course....saw many take a "shortcut" through it last year......apparently the colored signs draw PV guys like moths to a flame
  10. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

All Trials sections are ribboned off red on right and blue on left continuously, all the way from the beginning to the end of the section. I found no ribbons ripped down last year. If an XC rider rode through a Trials section without tearing down and dragging 30 yards of ribbon with him, he should be able to move up a place or two.
  11. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

not the actual trial tests....just cutting through the area instead of going around it......AKA saving some time per lap :naughty:
  12. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    I did that each time, just smart riding and superior line detection skill....you are just jealous you didn't catch on sooner to what the fast guys were going......he he he
  13. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

hope you are joking.....saw a few doing that from first lap and I would say something other than "superior line selection" :mad: :thumbsdown: :censored:
  14. oldnslo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1974 husky Mag
    Other Motorcycles:
    Of course I'm joking Joe.. I'm an old man on an even older bike just out for a Sunday afternoon ride. Nothing to prove any longer...besides this old Expert Doesn't need to cheat to win ! See you in the Sections !
    Gord and oldbikedude like this.
  15. cruisetopdown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Hey guys, we rode the PV hare scramble last year and had enough time to make it over to the trials and stand around a bit before being sent to our sections. You won't have enough time to bench race with your buddies prior to heading to the trials area, but enough time to quickly clean up, then head over. The trials guys were a great group of guys and gals, which really made the whole weekend a lot of fun....come on out!
    w
  16. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Well, I'm sure Joe & Norm are already at Dilla, Sounds like Gord and a few others too....

Gary already landed in NY state last night as well...

see you boys up there tomorrow..
  17. Gord Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks to the folks from cafehusky who helped me out checking the Trials on Friday; Dale, Wade, Steve and anyone else I didn't get to meet. We had just enough people to make it all work out. Thanks again!
    My 73 Husky ran fantastic!
  18. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Sorry I had to give it a miss. I'm committed to run the AMA D4 Enduro Series this year and could only ride one event this weekend, so it was the Ridge Riders Ridge Run Enduro in Deposit NY. The club did a great job! I'm glad it worked out for Gord and hoped all had an awesome MX Rewind weekend. I heard Fred and Joe did well Friday.:oldman:
  19. cruisetopdown Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    The Unadilla MX Rewind was another awsome event! Starting with the H.S. on Friday, great trail with lots of flowing single track, open fields, and parts of the amature mx track, then Saturday Vintage racing on the famed Unadilla pro course, then the Post Vintage races on Sunday. The track was a bit sloppy on Saturday morning, then quickly turned into an amazing racing surface for the rest of the weekend. It was nice to see a large contingent of Husky's and nice to meet several of the members of this forum, great guys! Also wanted to thank Gord for having us be part of his trials event, being on a check crew, it is always fun to see old air cooled trials bikes with old air cooled riders up on the pegs balancing on the side of a Unadilla hillside!

w
    Bill502 likes this.
  20. jimspac Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR, 82 430WR, 84 250WR, 85 400
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 400WR, 82 Montesa Cota 349
    No pics? Or did most use Go Pro this year?