1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

Unadilla MX rewind... this weekend.. 6-15 thru 6-17

Discussion in 'Vintage/Left Kickers' started by ruwfo, Jun 10, 2013.

1. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1980 390CR, 1982 430CR, 1984 400WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Well this weekend is the 2nd Annual MX rewind at the World famous Unadilla, NY.

Same basic deal as last year, Cross Country races on Friday, pre 77 bikes MX on Sat, & post 78 bikes MX on Sun. According to their website , plenty of MX’s heavy hitter’s from the 70-90’s will be there.

Lackey, Weinert, Cooper, Desoto, Hughes, La Porte, Lechien, Higgins, Semics, Stanton + more.

http://www.unadillamx.com/rewind/

Last Year was awesome, so you can bet I’m making the trek there again this year, both Sat & Sun this time.

Look for me, i either have a Café Husky T-shirt on or look for #559 on the track in the Post Vintage races.

Man I’m like kid waiting for his birthday, yahoo :banana: Husky John
    ray_ray likes this.
  2. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    John,
    Fantastic weekend last year. The Sat afternoon in the tent talk sessions combined with dinner with the legends later - well their is nothing like that in USA. Please don't miss it. Met a couple other Cafe husky members last year hope to meet more. Hey Joe are you going ?? Heard we might have a visitor from the north ?? hope so.

Can we mention you made all efforts to help get a part for another Husky owner so he could race. Cheers for the your effort !!!

The 430CR is coming this year. Yes - thanks the vintage group in Houston , networked a 1800 mile ride for my bike.

Hope to see more Cafe guys. Pm me for your text or phone # - lots of bikes and riders last year so can all touch base.
  3. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Gary,
    If I remember right you had a bunch of flats tires on your way up, we had a broken brake line, almost didn't make it last year. But that's what's
    make those trips even more remember able. Great racing, making new friends, is what it's all about.... i've still got your cell # i'll text you.

Husky John
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Dudes
    Am there
    gonna race HS on Friday and probably PV as well on a 125
    See ya there
  5. gregbastek Husqvarna
    AA Class

Me and my (new to me) 1982 Husky CR250 will be there!
  6. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

I look forward to seeing you all there, I'll be there Friday and Saturday.
  7. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Raining like Noah is coming to NY for 2 days now.........Old School racing! when men were tough and suspension was 5 inches!
  8. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Probably gonna park on right , right after coming in gate. Near some Buds who have enough cc's of classic Maico open bikes to move a small train! Some Huskys as well otherwise I wouldn't talk to them LOL
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Saw John and Gary and many others. Did good on Fri XC race. Only thing better than a 1st place plaque is a 1st place plaque signed and presented by John and Jack Penton. Yeah....that happens to me all the time! LOL. Drew got a 1st as did Norm. Norm even pulled the holeshot for his line. Nice riding Norm. They are going to bury you with that bike for sure.
    Worked to scrounge some parts for Gary and then diagnose a real odd issue. Would not quit as he made the trek from Austin and if he could not race...it would have bugged me. Just would not quit until I figured it out. Got the parts and then got it alll ready to race for him. HAd to leave Saturday and hope he did well. Some great stuff there for sure and good people too. Don't ask for pics as I was riding and taking pics at the same time is tough for me.
    Joe
    Coffee, robertaccio and Norman Foley like this.
  10. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Some sent me pics 1983 first ride
    [IMG]

Moving past the ol' Bul
    [IMG]

Norm finds some dryness
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Drew looking good

[IMG]

How most looked after lap 3

[IMG]
    robertaccio, ray_ray and Xcuvator like this.
  11. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    20130616_102458.jpg 20130616_102457.jpg
    Joe, I know Gary was humbled by all the help/work you did on his bike, but he had more bad luck on Sat. After riding his bike down to my parking area,
    we both took his 81 430CR, for a small ride, everything seemed great & the high fives were flying. Well we thought Gary's bad luck had finally
    changed, when he kicked the bike over for the ride back to his trailer , the center cases cracked....:eek:

Cafe Husky was well represented, this year for sure It was great hanging out with Joe, Drew, Gary & i ran into Gregg on Sunday afternoon.

I was in 7th heaven when Lackey autographed my Husky Racing poster (Lackey & Howerton wheeling at the Husky test track) , then when he hung
    out with Gary, my daughter, I and Tony D ... talking & telling some funny stories :applause: . We both said we'll never forget that for the rest of our lives...

My 430CR ran great & i had a ball racing on Sunday... Not to mention meeting Lackey,Tony D, LaPorte, Semics, Desoto , Cooper , Gary Bailey & more..

Husky John
  12. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Here's a few pics of the Legends from Saturday events Brad_Lackey_Danny_LaPort_1.JPG

Lackey , LaPorte joking with Larry Maiers

Legends_Race_Lackey_2.JPG

Brad leading the Legends pack..
    Brad_Lackey_poster_1.JPG

John_Desoto_poster.JPG
    Coffee, robertaccio and ray_ray like this.
  13. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Joe and John, thanks for posting the pics! I wish I could of stayed, but had to work Friday afternoon after the race. I'll plan to stay longer next year!
  14. GaryM Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1981 430cr second 430 CR 500cr
    Other Motorcycles:
    1981 490 Maico
    Let me make a quick post here as I am still in NY mountains enjoying the cool air.

Got to give it up to all the cafe husky guys for their help. It's was more than great to have their support and especially
    Joe's help What an effort in his time and energy! Oh well that dang idle gear bite me at the wrong time I will have much more on that when I get back to Austin

John and I were fortunate enongh to be part of a great bench racing session with Tony D and Brad. Brad shared a lot about his favorite Husky lots a great stuff about those trans am days.

Lots of Huskies this year - much more than last year.

Guys go next year if you can. Hey John, Joe and others all made me feel like we are one big team Husqvarna

It was a blast

Gary
  15. ruwfo Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1985 250XC, 2016 FJ-09
    Gary,
    I'm never going to forget Lackey's story about Gary Semics fake id "Dale Burton", & then when Brad yelled Dale Burton at Gary when Larry Maiers was interviewing him i damn near wet myself..

Husky John
  16. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Got some hills here as well and fortunateley not mud like the others
    [IMG]

some of woods was dry too

[IMG]

Drew on the gas on the grass
    [IMG]
  17. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norm in the mud
    [IMG]

Taking the dryer(?) outside

[IMG]
  18. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Norm in the mud
    [IMG]

Taking the dryer(?) outside

[IMG]
  19. NGW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Over 30 Pre 1975 Bikes+NOS Parts
    Other Motorcycles:
    Norton BSA Triumph
    Anybody get any pictures of me racing (very slowly) my 1967 Husqvarna 250 8 Speed? For my first race ever my bike held up really well, but my body is still hurtin! It was just soup out there! IMG_2677.JPG
    robertaccio and Ron like this.
  20. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Taylor, Here ya go for some classic MX........ Leathers and Lineman boots!
    [IMG]

Leading a few.....
    [IMG]
    Xcuvator and robertaccio like this.