1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TXC310R Vs YZ250FX

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by CrankN, Jan 26, 2015.

1. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc
    Buddy of mine just picked up the 250FX. I'm curious to ride it out in the desert compared to my 450-see if I would miss the power, or like the lighter feel and agility.......
  2. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Got a chance to see one up close(250FX) at the Chicago bike show Sunday. I didn't think the FX felt wide whatsoever or large. It felt similar to my 2012 TE310 after I adjusted the ergos to fit my tall stature. I was impressed with the feel of it but I would need to ride it before I'd buy one.
    CrankN likes this.
  3. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ok...ride report.....awesome!!
    My quick report I wrote on ktmtalk.

Rode about 40 miles today. Terrain consisted of desert singlectrack, sandwashes and high speed sections. I am a 40+ B rider with over 25 years of riding time. I'll be using my 13 Husqvarna TXC 310 as a comparison. First of all bike feels very light while riding.....almost 2 stroke lite. Motor feels like a 300 4 stroke. FX is as powerful as my 310 but has more top end. FX is as fast or faster than 310 TXC. FX has plenty low end power and can be lugged down low and it just keeps moving forward. Fuel injection is perfect. Motor has a lot more engine braking than I'm used to on 310. Had to be careful of letting off throttle in sandwashes.....especially in sandy turns. Could just be a tight motor...I'll find out as I get more miles on it. Suspension is great. A little soft for my 210lbs but performed Damn good. I never felt FX bottom even when screwing up in whoops. I think with a 5.8 spring in rear and .48's up front and it will be the first suspension I didn't immediately send out for a revalve. Front end on FX had a little less bite than Husky. I consider the TXC to be the best handling bike I've ridden so FX is right there. I still have OEM craps tubes in so I ran about 15 psi.....that could be the little less bite problem. Steering is incredibly light! FX also felt right at home on the higher speed 2 track and sandwashes. l did install a Scotts damper on it but don't think it really needs one. Brakes....Front needs help, rear is fine. Bike is loud. Needs an FMF Q series muffler. Overall....I am very impressed with FX and won't miss my TXC. Yamaha hit a homerun with the FX!! I really can't find anything wrong with FX. Anyone considering buying an FX....quit considering and get out and get one before their all sold. I never thought I would ever be a Yami guy....been bleeding Husky red since 2008...but this bike is just that good!!! Any questions about bike post em up and I'll answer as best as I can.

Have to give THANKS to my wife again. She bought the FX for me as my Xmas gift!!! My wife's better than your wife!!!
    bhuizer, CrankN, Johnrg and 4 others like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sounds like a good bike. thanks for the report

Theres been one sitting here at the local dealer for almost 2 months and they cant seem to sell it. Crappy dealer though. Buddy went to get one and walked out with a Beta 300rr (different dealer).
  5. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    So other than the availablilty of parts dept., what does the yami do BETTER than the txc? If you had an ironed out txc, what would make the extra $ leap make sense to jump to the fx? I'm just curious. I'm in the same boat as you, ride and race a 13 txc, but interested in the Yamaha, but 3-4k extra buys ALOT of gas and a couple engine rebuilds.
    CrankN and Motosportz like this.
  6. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Certainly wouldn't make any sense in that scenario. But if you're in the market... My son says it handles better than his Husky WB165, and his lap times prove it, that's all I can add.
    reveille and robertaccio like this.
  7. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Good question. FX is ready to race/ride out of the box. Add a skid plate and handguards and you'll be happy. Motor has more over rev and really lugs low. Got caught in wrong gear on FX a couple of times going up hills. Jus keep twisting throttle and bike keeps moving. I did not stall bike once. Big thing.....I'm not worrying about bike breaking. Even tho TXC has been reliable, it was always there in the back of my mind it's going to break. Blew rad hoses inaa big race we traveled 12 hours to. Had built up a big lead and were going to finally win after 7 tries....rad hose blew. TXC is an awesome bike and if you can pick one up new for way cheap....do it. Husky just needs some attention and bugs worked out. Suspension wise they use the same component s. I'd give motor battle to YZ. Can't give a clear winner on handling. As I've said before, TXC is the best handling bike I've ever owned.
    bhuizer, CrankN and robertaccio like this.
  8. brentk660 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 txc310r
    Awesome, thanks for your review. I do have that reliability thing in the back of my head, but so far she's been good to me. Anyone with a txc, just do the tc rad hoses, gas tank spacers and drainback kit from the get go, then run the 0w-40 with stainless filter and you should be golden. I'd love to throw a leg over the fx though at some point, more good woods bikes on the market is never a bad thing!
    CrankN likes this.
  9. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    the bike mentioned above.....YZ250FX would be my first choice if I was going "mini" 4T trail/enduro/xc bike.
  10. flyingbob Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    01 WR360_02 WR250_12 WB165_17 FC350
    Other Motorcycles:
    01 VOR400_07 TM450_22 GG250_07 Tuono
    Did your riding buddies ever get the FX bikes?
  11. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I saw a WR in the flesh recently next to the FX. Kinda disappointed in the price. It was a big box store, but that being said they are charging right at msrp and charging about a grand in freight and set up. I figured it would be cheaper than the FX based on other prices I'd researched, but they wanted about $250 more for the WR. Being the same they felt the same. I was Yamaha guy before going Husk a Giva Beemer so it felt familiar.

Hitting 9 grand before Tax and license puts them in KTM/Husky territory pushing 10k! For that kind of cash it better not need lots of top end attention in terms of valve adjustments. I can get a Beta 300 for 8600 otd or a TE 300 for about 8900.

Don't get me wrong, I like that they are in the fray, but I'll be watching from the sidelines to see what issues crop up and the frenzy to die down before adding them to my potential next race bike list.
    troy deck likes this.
  12. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    you know what they say never buy the first year of a new model :excuseme: even though its all proven parts has anybody heard any more on the YZ300E:confused:
  13. davids70 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 2012 - Nuda 900 2013
    New WR250F/YZ250FX has the same engine, different suspension setting ?
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Same suspension with slightly different valving. Same motor, but the ECU is set to pass stringent EPA tests for green sticker use on the WR.
    davids70 likes this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I would bet money this FX is solid as a rock and is based on a 1 year old bike.
    troy deck likes this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Buddy just made the choice between a FX and a 300rr Beta. He got the beta for 7500, it had 30 miles on it 12 of which he put on at a demo.
  17. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    The Beta is very nice. Feels just like the Husky cockpit. Would be awesome to find that kind of deal.
    Motosportz likes this.
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Another factor for him (Beta over the FX) was the seat height on the FX is way taller than the Beta. He is short of inseam and was tippy toe on the FX. That makes bike hard to ride in really technical sidehill stuff we ride a lot.
  19. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    oh i have no doubt its solid Yamahas are my favorite Japanese bike i'v had 8 of'em over the years never any issues
  20. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    how did you not sell'em an AJP some friend he is:lol: especially if he's short and what about the price gotta love that:thumbsup: