1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TXC310R since ZipTy Racing work completed (back story)

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by robertaccio, Oct 8, 2013.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    A much used word that applied here. amazing. game level raised, fatigue level reduced, speed up, all good. Bike is now seriously dialed in motor wise and suspension wise. ZipTy did a full rebuild, with new rings, replated cylinder and all the seals and other bits needed, of course a full head cleaning and valve exam too, did the clutch basket bushing mod, crankshaft mod, remapped the ecu and installed full FMF system with enduro sound safe dB-S/A plug installed.
    I did not make big issues concerning this big time fail of my 2013 TXC310R that I bought for a stud deal fresh from the factory demo thrash fest, shtuff happens and I was racing her in a tough course HS...... she was working good until that local HS in Mexico when we finished second 45+ open, but with some ugly engine noises heard during the race.....I even rode the bike the following weekend as well( can you say zero oil pressure.
    Prepping for the Idaho City qualifier to be with my Cafe Husky PNW bros....I found a major load of metal on my mag plug.
    fast forward. tore the engine down to find that the crankshaft mounted oil pump gear and its mating idler gear had stripped all the teeth off, both gears were discs... the oil pump shaft gear was fine. After teardown it was decided to bring my basket case up to the race shop for a full rebuild and complete reassembly to race ready condition.
    I recieved the bike back from ZipTy drove back to SD rode up and down the block dumped the break in oil and put fresh oil in then promptly went down to baja for a 2 day trail ride with zero issues about 200 miles total, most was good break in riding, some was ugly single track. changed oil again and have 3 more rides on her now. Still getting more confident with the upgraded suspension, springs and valve job, the rear is not as noticble to me as I all ready had my perfect sag spring installed but the front with the spring .48 and valve stack change is phenomenal.
    Also note I used one ring projection on the fork the fork sag fits right into the vinduro spec (as does the rear).
    Another note I use 13/52 final drive on my 310s and when I put the TXC back together I had a mismatched (13/52 cut for the 2011 310) chain that drove my axle about full forward, the bike felt a little strange and I knew I wanted more axle to axle wheellbase length. I grabbed a new chain and cut it to get the axle as far back as I could @ 3/4 at best back on the adjustment, I really wanted more but thats where I could go------big differnce in weight/suspension leverage transfer handling into corners. Thats an FYI.
    also Im using those RK thin series gold chains, DID makes one as well, great stuff, low drag. does not tear into the guides as much (only downside $$ but you get what you pay for).
  2. dartyppyt Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    17 TE 150, 82CR 500
    Other Motorcycles:
    82 125,250,430&500 79 390 83 250
    Glad yur back up and running!
  3. Tim Randall Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr125 / WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Great stuff :) can I ask why your running the fork legs with 1 ring showing? From what I have read a lot of guys run 2 rings.

Cheers
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    No more than a few mm (degree change/weight loading) for me no matter where I ride. balance between, rear/front front/rear personal preference
  5. MikeB Husqvarna
    AA Class

He's got more 'sag' in the front and more weight on the front with the axle slid back a little - so 1 ring makes sense.
    I'm almost ready to pull the trigger at ZipTy for the same treatment on my 12 model.
    Tinken and robertaccio like this.
  6. Tim Randall Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr125 / WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cool thanks :)
    Just to confirm, 1 ring showing so the second ring is flush with top of triple clamps?

Cheers
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    no I ride on the the first ring so what is it i never measured 5mm (@?) we just rode a very twisty like no more than 10 yards between 90 degree or more corners and the bike is just flowing now, very very good
  8. Tim Randall Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wr125 / WB165
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for confirming that :) cheers
  9. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Did the FMF system make much difference ?
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Russ,
    With the FMF pipe she does feels more free...is that a good term? For my skill level and what we ride, but honestly I did not really need the FMF pipe.
    #1 I had ZipTy install the plug- dB-S/A quiet plug so she passes enduro sound checks.
    If I run the pipe "open" I am sure the thing will flat MX style riiip.

But like I stated, for the rocky, tight stuff that I prefer (read slower speed trails) where torque and easy ridability is what I want, the stock pipe would have been just fine and was. Also the FMF pipe as I installed it does not even save much weight, just a little bit. (Not like the weight savings I got on my 2011 TE310 by using the TC250 muffler @ 4lbs lighter).
    So for most the stock Leo Vince pipe is a more than good option. And the ECU can be tuned for the open map and the dB plug can be removed for max power setting if thats what you want.
    I really got the FMF because I won a super good sales price FMF contingency award deal from my 2012 Tecate HS podium. Which got me the system for less than my sponsor shop could get it to me for, so I went for it.
    My current set up is LeoVince open ECU map with the FMF powercore/powerbomb sytem with the dB/S/A plug installed, 34 turns out on the Idle adjust per the OEM owners manual.
    Answer yes the FMF pipe does make a difference, if I had to buy it at retail, no I would not have bought it the OEM LeoVince is more than sufficient for us 99% riders. RN
  11. Husq-a-daygo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    15' TE300, 16'FE450
    Cool beans. I'm about to pull the trigger on fork/ shock springs and valves myself. The stock set up is bottoming out pretty bad with my 6'2" 210lb frame.
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    i use .48 springs front 6..2 or .4 rear I forget. me 6 1 210
  13. STEVEL Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM450 EXC 2006

Hi i have a TXC 250 2013 and im 175 lbs without gear and have had a issue with the front forks and posted on here but need to try another thread as no reply on last. After stripping and replacing the bad 'thick' oil in the forks i have a new found confidence in the front end, BUT the standard forks are 4.6 and ive read that i need 4.2 as i have VERY little sag, ive also been advised upon the Merge Racing small spring and a re-valve.

So the question is WHAT re-valving is needed and is the 4.2 the best direction with a Merge spring also?

Thanks in adavance
  14. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Are you sure you have 46 rate springs? Are they stamped? A little birdy told me that Husky started putting 48 rates is all their forks for 13 and 14 model years. Might explain the lack of sag for your weight.
  15. STEVEL Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM450 EXC 2006

Hmm no havent checked if stamped will enquire, seems strange to fit them so heavy when i know KTM use the average rider as my weight!

Anyone else know anything with regards best set up thanks
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Robert's 310 engine has had complete ZipTy mod overhaul. Updated clutch and crank mod with a full head rebuild. The Head was rebuilt with new valve, spring and seat kit with a flow tech ported head and machined burn chamber, +43HP. Suspension allows you to keep it under control no matter how far you twist the throttle. Reminds me of a Husky chainsaw, you can beat them and they just keep going.
    john01 and robertaccio like this.
  17. STEVEL Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC 250 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM450 EXC 2006
    Ive been informed fitting 3w oil and 320ml in the outer plushes it up, as im in the UK obviously its colder here! Anymore ideas people? Thanks
  18. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    How much HP does the stock 13 TXC 310 put out ?
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  20. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    The needed revalving depends on the rider, the terrain, and what the rider wants the bike to do. That's really only a question you can answer, not one that someone else can answer.

I've done a TXC310, and I can say that they are set up for GNCC/Scramble/Desert racing at a relatively fast speed, in my opinion. The one I did was for a casual trail rider, and I went quite a bit softer on both ends.
    robertaccio likes this.