1. whitesoxx35 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 250 xc
    Hey guys sorry if I'm not posting this in the right spot but I didn't see anything else on it. Question is, I'm looking to get a husky but I'm not sure if I want a wr250 or a txc310 I have a ktm 250 xc I currently race and a Honda 450x I'm wanting to get rid of. I like what I see from both bikes so my main concern is the sachs suspension on the wr. How well does it work? Is it difficult to set up? Also how reliable are the bikes? I'm looking at a heldover 2012 of both modmodels at the moment. Any input would be great thanks guys!
    ray_ray likes this.
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Welcome, and yes you asked the question in the perfect spot. We are not that picky about those types of things though..
  3. whitesoxx35 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 250 xc
    Good, at KTM talk you will about be disowned if you post in the wrong section!
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    One of the many reasons we are here and not there :D

Ive owned the WR300 and the TE250.....so not quite spot on what you are looking at, but close.... The WR is lower maintenance and strong as a brick, and perfectly competitive in off road competition. Plenty of people set up the Sachs with no problem so I wouldnt worry about that. The 310 has big fans and the X-lite range is a hoot to ride, but of course higher maintenance for the little 4 strokes. I would say this is mostly a matter of riding preference and your aversion level to 4-stroke maintenance. Carb vs EFI may also be a consideration.
  5. whitesoxx35 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 250 xc
    Thanks for your input! I love my two stroke I have now in fact i'm way more competitive on it than I was on that honda, and this would be my first FI bike if i decide to go the 4 stroke path. Maintenance doesn't turn me away from the 4 stroke as I do really take care of my bikes. How is your wr compared to a 300xc? (obviously if you have rode that model and can make that comparison) Does it lug well or do you have to keep it up on the pipe a little more?
  6. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    The 300 will lug...Ive never ridden a 300xc so dont know how it compares. I do know a guy with a WR250 that regularly outruns a pack of KTMs in our GP races and his bike is stock. My brother used to ride a 250xc and found my 300 ran a lot harder on top and has a fatter powerband everywhere. I say 'used to' because he now races and wins on a TXC511.
  7. whitesoxx35 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 250 xc
    Right on! I'm actually really looking forward to when I get to swing a leg over a husky here in the somewhat near future. Its almost snowmobile season now but that just means i'm about 5 months from enduro racing season in montana!
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 690, Yamaha WR200, FGS650(800cc)
    There are those who do not see the orange side of things here, dont get too cocky :D
  9. whitesoxx35 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 250 xc
    No no, not at all, that was a bash on them for being way to anal about a forum
    duggoey likes this.
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    General statement.

• Years ago several people were discussing Husqvarna bikes on another site.
    • I noticed that Husqvarna people were really cool people, and that they helped each other.
    • That was one of the reasons I bought a Husqvarna in 2006..
    • I then noticed that the people discussing Husqvarna bikes did not always get the attention they deserved i.e. threads that should be 'stuck' were not in spite of many requests.
    • And I noticed "other things"... many of those "other things" were typical of the vast majority (if not all) 'forums'.
    • Thought the Husqvarna riders might like another, hopefully better, place to discuss things - so Cafe Husky was opened.
    • I fully realize that in general people do not read instructions, or otherwise make less then ideal choices where they do what they do, in addition to servers having issues and sometimes create double posts/threads...
    • It's all good. Hopefully the staff and myself treat the members of cafe husky courteous and helpful manner.
    I've nothing at all against any other motorcycle discussion site, but if anyone studies 'forums' as a whole (there are thousands and thousands), there are several characteristics they share - the idea on Cafe Husky is to focus and promote the more positive ones.
  11. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    I didnt mean me (I have a Katoom and I like it for what it is), but sometimes Husky devotees are very one eyed for their brand. I also love my Husky for what it is.
  12. duggoey Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    You have a great forum here Coffee. What stands out here in comparison to other bike forums are the lack of pointless petty arguments about often irrelevant subjects. Most of the time discussions are constuctive.

I think having a "profile" system works to minimise the pointless pettiness that you get in some places, the profile puts a face to the name and so when you make a comment you are making it to a person and you cannot hide behind your anonymity. Cafe Husky people can learn who's words are valuable, and who talks fluff.
    ray_ray likes this.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Much appreciated. Though the people that make CafeHusky a nice place are the members themselves.
    Interesting... never thought of it that way. And I've been on the internet for a while.

As far as I can tell most communication is not on cafehusky itself, but rather phone calls between real people, or other non-public communication, things like finalizing details on rides. In addition, I used to have the time to personally dig into many of the technical issues that have caused the bike owners grief, typically by phone, but have not had the time as of late. The bikes are far from perfect, though they seem to be getting better. I guess what I am saying is that, for the most part, CafeHusky members tend to be real people using the internet to communicate and help each other.
    HuskyTaylor and Planepower like this.
  14. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    And please add; this forum is packed full of knowledge gained (the hard way, I presume) from its members. I come on here to learn about many things Husky.
    I know I want a new TR650; directly from all the contributors here.
    I know I want to sell my TC (after making improvements upon what I've learned here).
    Now I just have to decide on a TE310R or TE 449 (or maybe a 2 stroke my fill my needs). And so I return each day and read the stories posted by those with constructive knowledge.
  15. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Have you ridden the 310 yet?

You are aware a new fangled 2T EFI(?) machine is almost for-certain gonna show up from Husky in the near future?

I have 2 250cc 4T Huskies now and just purchased a 08 WR250 (yea baby) ... Its really hard to say what way to go on the bikes ... If the bikes are not gonna be ridden too much mileage, that lower mileage sets well on the long-range maintenance costs of the 4T machine ..

Between the bikes you have in mind ... I'd say it comes down to riding a 2T or 4T machine ... Bet that TXC310 will be very fun to ride ... I'm a 6sped guy ... riding a 5speed has a slightly different feel to me ...

My 02 CR250 Husky never broke ... My 08 TXC250, went 950hrs before a big-end bearing change ... My 010 TC250 is too young to tell what is gonna happen .... So I have no problems with any Husky I own ...

----

You're gonna have to post some pics on what the racing in the great state of Montana looks like ;0) ...
  16. whitesoxx35 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 250 xc
    I have no rode a 310 yet, but from the sounds of it, it's exactly what i'm looking for. And i have some time to wait before the season starts so i might keep my eyes peeled for this possibly efi 2t too. I will see what I can do for pictures, I'm thinking about getting a helmet cam too so might just be able to swing some video for you too!. Check out the big sky xc videos on youtube to tide you over they should suffice for now ;)