1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TXC 310 Fork oil

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Micfasto, Sep 26, 2012.

1. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

thanks...I have a set of TC 50mm zokes with the tin coated fork legs on my WR.

They were tuned by FBF and I love them...soft on top but never seem to bottom.

I've changed oil on them and noticed the pre-load rings but never touched them. I thought they were for the main spring?
    Anyway, specifically how do you change the ICS pre-load externally on those forks?
  2. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    External ICS preload adjustment is unique to the Marzocchi PFP 48mm CC fork, used on Beta RR Race models and GGs. Its done with a knob on the cap. For KYBs you have to shim internally, and need to disassemble the cartridge and compression assy to do so. Main spring preload on all brand CC forks is done external to the cartridge.
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Okay...I have the older 50mm TC 'zokes
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Well I tried the Merge ICS springs and I like 'em.

Just like they said, the 1st 1/3 of the travel is light and plush and once you get past that it firms up quite a bit.
    Kinda like my old 50mm TC 'zokes from Steve Lamson's racing program. I was told by Fred Hoess that those forks have almost no damping in the 1st 4 inches of travel.

That being said I don't think the Merge springs are a complete substitute for a full rock revalve but they are much better than stock and completely usable.

My 2cents.
  5. mbr440 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TE630 13TE310 14 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 VFR750
    I just had a re valve done locally on my 14 txc 310 by www.stsracing.ca with amazing results. It is like riding a completely different bike. Small nuggets and roots went unnoticed. I went from 12-50 to 12 48 gearing and the bike is now in its sweet spot for the tight stuff.. Rode a2014 TE250 and a 2014 Sherco 250 factory t smoker on the same ride and we all agreed the KYB was more supple in the initial to mid stroke.. I couldn't wait to get back on my machine.
    Ellis did the Free Drill mod and a revalve.. Stock springs and 335ml of fluid. I am 200lbs.
  6. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I'm the same wt as you.

I have .44 springs (which might have been softer than the stock .46 but they were 5mm longer so they feel the same to me and sag barely changed), and 325cc of oil (345 was in there stock).

What is the free drill mod?
  7. mbr440 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TE630 13TE310 14 TXC310
    Other Motorcycles:
    86 VFR750
    Free Piston Mod... It is well documented on the web.. If I remember correctly it more about longevity than performance.. Others on here will know better.
    My springs are .44 as well.
  8. Micfasto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TXC 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR400, Vstrom
    The Free Piston Mod makes the fork more reactive and plush. Stays planted in the ruts and less likely to climb out of a rut mid turn. A nice addition to the fork.