1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TX public service....chain guide stuff-rant

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, Jul 3, 2018.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    I like the OEM chain guide but I do use the OEM catalog alloy swing arm mount tab guard.
    Anyway for the first time in many years I derailed my chain 2 times on local ride 2 weeks ago, yes and I also like my chains on the loose side of the spec.
    also I did notice my almost new supersproxx blue sprocket had wear...I just wrote off as trail crap getting the works.
    So I tightened my chain a little bit and rode on Sunday as I was trials (read slow with a lot of body English and peg pressure into the rear tire) riding the thing up a steep hill the chain derailed and I automatically dropped my leg for balance...and jammed the crap out of my (bad) L knee.
    Very pissed off at myself....and so then I decide to give a really good inspection for the why...the chain guide although not very old is hammered and bent in (hence my supersproxx blue is worn off).
    So at this moment I'm more pissed at my lack of daily maintenance inspection that actually caused me to hurt myself. I ordered the Husky parts TM designs chain guide but still may run an OEM one because to me is more lean and not as chunky and while I'm at it replacing all my sliders as well, they do have over a year of use on them. And hell I have 1 month of new chain and sprocket so why not do the whole final drive system fresh/baseline. My rant. and another case for doing your inspection processes on a pre and post ride basis, for fasteners, spokes, tires chain/sprockets etc etc etc. these things take a thrashing and need some love. And if you don't give them love they can and will spank you.
    PDL and Kam1 like this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    All the new stuff, after 1 ride (tested the guide already) , I have a new Bullet Proof Designs tab guard on the way as well, the OEM catalog one I had on does not fit over the TMD chain guide.
    37057265_10212125840767853_1948218751971229696_o.jpg