1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TX 300 lower radiator frame mounts bent..left more than right side

Discussion in '2st' started by ripnriding, Aug 15, 2017.

1. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    It started with the spring Mini-pine enduro where I made contact with a tree in third gear about a minute into first stage....bent my left radiator back and peeled the left plastics off. The bullet proof radiator guard did SUCH a great job that it didn't affect the rad at all...just the mount where the rad joins the frame. It actually cracked the frame mount and pulled it back. Still attached but..

I figured, meh...least of my worries...zip tied the plastic together with stitches and looks and functions fine.

Training ride with a local and had one of those, "what happened" slips on a root and dropped bike to the right side. Noticed same, but not to the same extent, frame mount bent causing the rad guard to slightly dent my pipe and actually cracked my carbon fibre pipe guard slightly.

So...the question....how the heck do you fix these mounts? Do I need to have a shop re weld these(post season) back in position? Apprehensive to any attempt to pull them back into alignment. Can snap some pics if this doesn't make sense.
  2. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  3. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    The only radiator guards I've ever liked were the ones that have a brace that runs from the side of the rad back to the frame or engine mount. In other words at a diagonal to a point behind the radiator. I haven't found any for the TX yet, but I will buy in a heart beat if I find them.
  4. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Funny you should say that! A guy beside me riding an old school Honda Cr250 with 450 plastics had that same set up.....yup....agreed...makes a lot of sense
    Cosmokenney likes this.