Two months with a WR250 2t Supermoto

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by LemoneyF, Mar 9, 2015.

1. LemoneyF Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    06 WR250, 95 WR360
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg FS650
    Twattyfromoz! I should have known you'd be floating around on here, it was that exact video that sparked the hunt for my WR. You throw that bike around like a pro in your vids. You're right about my jetting, its rubbish and waaaaay too rich, however proper carb tuning is still a skill that eludes me. Im also running the mix at 32:1 which isnt helping anything either. But I am working on it, and its steadily improving.

So an update: near on 6 months with it now as my daily commuter and fun bike, as the berg has been out of action for some time. It was a very well used bike before I got it, and Ive easily put down another 3000ks of road riding on it, as well as plenty of trips into the dirt for some fun. I havent been gentle on it!

How many problems have I had?
    None, unless you count my dodgy clutch cable repairs! I had a look at the clutch pack a few weeks ago and saw some minor grooving in the clutch basket itself- which is what I think is causing premature wear on the clutch cable (bear in mind its been abused in the bush for most of its life, I dont believe its a recent issue). Solution: make a thicker cable and clean the crap out of the old tube!

Ive cleaned the power valve twice and im noticing that those bearings are showing some age, not really an issue though.

Im still in awe of how easy the bike is to work on. Everything is presented nicely and is super easy to get to and pull apart. Do you even need to though? nah. This bike has proved to me that the 2 stroke huskies are as good as people say they are- a real AK47 bike.

Im already keeping an eye out for another old husky to play with- wr360 or a cr430 would be the goods!
  2. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    a 430 is very sweet but be aware its a completely different animal, being swedish. huge broad torque tho. the 500 our friend nikel here runs on the street should have your blood pumping..
  3. pablopaints Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1991 wxe ? Sort of.
    Other Motorcycles:
    ducati monster suzuki RM 250
    Nice info, thanks. I'm thinking of converting mine but I think it's going to be much harder as its old and In a time husky forgot. 91-92 models are a true pain in the ass. I'm sure it's going to require many custom parts. Would love to know your axle size and swing arm width. Can't see crb working for me
  4. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    i can tell you the rear wheel on your 91 is the exact same as the wheel on my 95 if thats any help..i think that rear was used for some time
  5. Angles Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250
    Mate your WR looks awesome traded! Glad to hear it has been bomb proof! I've had a few teething issues with my wr250 so it's encouraging to hear how tough your little jigger is :-) I must admit even on knobbies on a trip to the servo it is fun if not a little obnoxious haha!
  6. Angles Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 250
    Sorry Lemony should read "tarded" &@$# autocorrect!