TR650 MOSS tool locator / owner map

Discussion in 'TR650' started by RuggedExposure, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Newfoundlander Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    I just called my local BMW dealer and asked if they have the MOSS tool. He said yes they have to have it to service the bikes they sell.

Would this be the same tool used on the TR650 or is there a Husqvarna bike specific connector that would not let their MOSS toll connect and diagnose out bikes?

Im completely knew to this bike (dont even have it yet) so please excuse my ignorance.
  2. DeLewis Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Yes, the BMW MOSS system is the same system that is used to access TR ECUs and they can do so readily. However, the issue is that the BMW dealers will usually not service our bikes since BMW sold Husqvarna. If you are able to convince your local dealer to do so that would be ideal.

While you would not want to count on it, there are moves afoot to recall the TR for the fuelling issue in Canada, US and Australia. The Canadian recall has already been issued (AFAIK) and KTM is said to be near ready to provide a software update which would necessitate providing service support for the TR ECU either via the existing BMW network or through their own system.
    LED, Newfoundlander and PaulC like this.
  3. garbo91 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r
    im in orange county, according to the map the only person with a moss tool in cali is in Escondido, is that still the case?
  4. DJOV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT 250
    This is going to be so very helpful. Thank you. I've called shops all over the country and have struck out - maybe I'll get luckier using your map.
  5. DJOV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT 250
    My BMW shop in Seattle, WA cannot read my TR650. They plugged it into the bikes ECU and the computer tech was immediately confounded. Just having the tool does not solve the problem. The service manager has told me they no longer have the firmware/software package for the TR650. But I wouldn't have been satisfied if they hadn't plugged in the bike and tried anyway.
    Newfoundlander likes this.
  6. Andre Volmensky Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Called around at a couple of BMW dealers in Sydney. Tried Procycles in St Peters first, they would have had a look at it, but had to wait a month to get it in there. Called Bikebiz BMW Parramatta, booked it in. Today I had the update installed, works like a charm. Bike stalled once on the way out to the dealer before the update, and on the way home after the update it rode beautifully, much nicer in the lower RPMs.
    sussurf, nev.., LED and 1 other person like this.