1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc Too much oil?/ ECU 2

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by Ama Blue, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Ama Blue Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    125 SMS
    Hello,

I recently purchased a husky 125 sms and i have come to (it seems) a known error that i am not familiar with. I don't have a lot of time and been breaking my head on how to use my time to try and fix it.

Maybe a voice of wisdom could tell me what to do?

Let me explain the problem:

-when turning the key, the oil led blinks like 4 times en the screen says ECU 2, it stays there, so the only thing i see is speed i am driving and the ECU 2 error. No rpm, milage, etc...

- there is excessive oil coming from my exhaust muffler, i know it's normal for some dirt to come out, but it's really a lot and also, where the exhaust meets the cilinder, there seems to be a lot of oil leaking out.

I have no clue what to do with the ECU error but for the oil part i have thought about this:

- I need to fix my carb and get the right settings, cause my jetting is too rich?

- I put too much oil in the engine itself?

- maybe the packing between the exhaust and cilinder is worn out and the packing in my silencer is also waisted?

Anyone who has had the same problem or know's what to do?

I've been looking through the forum and other websites but im still not clear about what the problem could be.

I really wanna drive this bike hard again without having to wash oil of my right shoe :thinking:
  2. Idacurt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 WB177
    Other Motorcycles:
    Scorpa 175
    I know this doesn't answer your question but you could put mixed fuel in your tank and forget the injection system until you find the fix.
  3. Ama Blue Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    125 SMS
    Yea i thought about that
  4. sabortooth No Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11uptite167
    From what I know, it has to do with your carb. Maybe clean the jets.
  5. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    yes premix id say n get a shop to look at ecu fault i had a code pop up on my wre125 n turned out to be oil pump if yours breaks ul size it up n its not dirty fuel jets that would make it lean not rich n wont run right
  6. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    sounds like 2 much oil going throw from pump n thats why u have ecu falt on clock id pull oil pip of n premix till u get 2 a shop husky r none4bad electrics ive had loads of elec probs to be safe id park her up till shop can look at it at min u geting 2much oil but if it decides to go the other way not enogth oil it will sieze n u need engine rebuild not cheap
  7. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    i belive yours is super moto version of my wre125 if u ever need parts ive got good cdi u could buy n a speedo n rear led l;ight hope my ecu fault helps
  8. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    oh n oil pump is electric on r bikes linking yer ecu prob n oil it has2b the pump cant stres enogth2 get looked at by husky dealer
  9. Ama Blue Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    125 SMS
    Yea its the supermoto version of wr125, and it's almost maxed out, only carb is 28mm still...

Im going to a husky shop and gonna ask them to fix the ECU problem and hone the jetting while they are at it.

Mark animal you also can't see anything else than your speed because of the ECU?

Thx for the replies
  10. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125
    no worrys hope u get it sorted and bout jetting husky do a derestriction kit making yer bike 30bhp not sure of price thow
  11. mark animal100 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wre125
    Other Motorcycles:
    cr125