1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

The TXC310 and button question

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by wallybean, Jul 8, 2009.

1. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Hi all,

I want a button. I love 2T's but I can't buy anything orange. In the golf course industry we have several manufacturers of orange colored equipment. I have painfull experience with all orange pieces; Jacobsen, Smithco, Kubota, etc. All fine examples of the POS effect of painting anything orange. So I can't buy a KTM or I will have an allergic reaction. So I am faced with buying a 4T, which is fine but I want the light weight and flickable nature of a 2T in the tight single track. I also want to reduce the engine braking and gyro effect. So what is the question?

1) What is the chance that anyone other than KTM will put a button on a 2T, Husky, GG, TM, YZ?

2) I am intrigued by the 2010 TXC250 but I want the ability to make it a 310 if I feel I need more bottom end. Will Husky be offering a 310 kit for the new motor or will they be offering a TXC310 in the new motor design?

If the answer to these questions is both no then I will buy a WR125, but I still fantasize about the button.

Thanks,
    Walt

PS, I currently have a WR250 and a WR360. The WR250 isn't going anywhere and the 360 is destined for snow bike application.
  2. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just want to point out, and you probably know this, but Husky's power equipment is Orange too! Safe bet a 310 kit's in the works if not already available based on the success the TE310's having all over the globe. Worst case, don't rule out the 2T KTM. Had an 08 250XCW-(e) and hands down, the best 2-smoke I ever rode. (Have yet to ride a newer 2T Husky though!)
  3. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

KTM Tom,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried the 2008 250 KTM but couldn't get around the PDS system. It just reacted weird at the wrong time, maybe just me but give me linkage. The husky pro chainsaws are great, but the line of Chinese made outdoor tools leaves a lot to be desired in tough applications. My recommendation is buy a Stihl even though it is also orange and white.

I have nothing against the orange bikes except the pds and the color.

Walt
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    wallybean,

I know this is off topic, but what snow bike kit do you plan to put on the 360? I was looking at doing this same thing with the 2 moto kit, but the right hand drive screws that idea up.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Kelly at Motosportz is a dealer for the AD Boivin kit that will work on the right hand drive. I hope to have enough coin saved by October to order the kit.

Walt
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Cool, thanks.
  7. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

Why would you buy the 125 if you already have the 250 & 360? If you want e-start on a light bike, go with the TXC-450. It's light, strong and has e-start.
  8. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I want something that is lighter and more flickable than the TXC450. I also don't want the gyro effect and excessive engine braking. I just can't get myself to like those things.
  9. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

The new 2010 TE250 will NOT have a 310 kit available anytime soon. That is a seriously short stroking motor and a larger bore won't be ideal. Also, that engine won't be able to take a larger bore given how compact it is. You may be able to increase the stroke but that will get spendy.

I have heard 2009 TXC 250's will be on close out for around $5,000. Add the Athena kit to that bike and hit the trails.

NC
  10. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

NC,

Thanks for the info. I am still intrigued by the new TXC250 and will be looking for rider input and hopefully a demo some day.

One item of note, there is a circulating rumour that the 2010 GG300 will have a more re-fined and reliable e-start than the KTM models come December of this year. Just FYI and still just a rumour.

Walt
  11. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have heard the same about the Gas Gas. I'll take a two stroke without the e-start to capitalize on the light weight. I'd even prefer a four stroke without the e-start if they could be kicked reliably. I had a 1999 Vertemati/VOR with the forward rotating kick starter and it started so easily an e-start was entirely unnecessary.

As it stands, will there be a TXC250 based on the new engine?

NC
  12. loony888 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    400 CR0SS
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati's
    if you don't like engine braking, then fit a slipper clutch. i'm not familiar with the rekluse system as i like the engine braking of my 4 stroke TE but i have a road bike with a STM slipper clutch and there's next to no engine braking at all.
    doesn't the rekluse act like a centrifugal clutch? no need to pull the clutch in at all?

paul.
  13. shaky Husqvarna
    B Class

rekluse

yes there is no need to pull the clutch on a rekluse, the only problem is rekluse doesn't seam on board with the husky's as there coverage is junk. They don't make the pro for any 250 models, just the z-start. the pro is so good, if I get a husky I would have to get a custom clutch made, becuase once your race in the bush with a rekluse pro, there's no turning back. There are only two things to think about, gas and brake :) Rekluse's new system which is different again looks good, but they are starting with 450 and working there way down, and who knows weather they will touch the husky's.