The iBeat Thread

Discussion in '610/630' started by DYNOBOB, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Hello to all
    I bought a TE 630 a few weeks
    Excellent bike, but I can not decrease the number of revolutions of the engine idling
    Now I am at 1800 rpm
    Ideally, 1650 rpm
    tips ?
  2. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    There is an idle adjustment screw on the right side of the throttle body (partially hidden by the airbox).

If you search you can find the link to download the factory service manual from member "JTemple".

3. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    I unscrewed the screw almost completely without results
    Thanks i have the service manual
  4. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    1800 is fine. Better a little high than a little low. Spec is 1650-1750. I run mine 1750-1850

Paul - write down those settings from Dynobob

IIRC mine is at 104-108-115. But I am more or less stock. And I didn't want it too fat on top to try to maintain some fuel economy. Works so far. Fatter at idle works way nice for starting. Still, I would trust Dynobob. :applause:
  5. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Oh, and I charged up and fired up the netbook and everything is fine, program is ready to go. Will have it along no problem.
    Huskyfly and Rotax_655 like this.
  6. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
  7. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Excuse me
    I meant "semcodesigns"
  8. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Looks like the same plug to me..

9. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Tonight purchase t hem :-)
    KLOC likes this.
  10. maddog82 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
  11. La Flama Blanca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 kawasaki kx250f
    Excuse me if this has already been answered, but is there any advantage to having the Ibeat software over a PCV? Are there things an Ibeat programmer can do that a PCV can't? Or Vice Versa. I guess what I'm essentially asking, is there any need for the Ibeat if you have a PCV installed? Thanks.
  12. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    Sorry for the question
    What do you mean by "PCV"?
  13. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Power Commander V tuner
  14. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    Don't listen to me, I have never touched a PCV, and I rely on much more knowledgeable people to give me tuning instructions for my cars or bikes. That said, here's what I know. Feel free to ignore :-)
    iBeat is pretty restricted. it doesn't give you access to the underlying fueling map, just 3 rough knobs to change fueling at low, mid, and high RPM (That's what I am using since DYNOBOB kindly provided tuning suggestions for the most common mods, and my bike runs just fine)
    PCV is superior since it lets you run maps that can adjust fueling at many more combos of RPM vs throttle opening. And if you run autotune, it can do that dynamically, which means it always adjusts fueling. But it is more expensive, especially if you add autotune.
    Without autotune, you still rely on somebody having come up with a map for your bike WITH your mods.
    La Flama Blanca likes this.
  15. maddog82 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE450
    With Ibeat you can read and reset error codes. Don't know if that can be done with PCV. If you have an old 32 bit laptop laying around it doesn't cost much to make a cable and download the software.
    La Flama Blanca likes this.
  16. Superbas Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 800, harley 883r
    Hi There! I am a new owner of a 2010 sms630. Its 100% stock. Nu exhaust system, no PU etc. I already connected my cable to the husky and cleared some errors. But what are the best ibeat settings (O2) settings for a stock husky? I think its idling to high around 1900 rpm.

Thnx!
  17. Patrik Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Te 6360
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki gsx 750 -81 Yamaha xtz 660
    I need some help here. Cant get Ibeat to work, got the communication stop problem. I run windows XP in virtualbox (windows 7 64 as host), a real pain to setup and make it work. I have gone for the vag-com way, got the right drivers and com-port setup. Tried and retried everything i can think of but allways the same result.
    Anyone got any tips or someone thats gone the same way i done and maneged to get pass this problem ?
    Appreciate all the help i can get.
  18. Superbas Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Sm630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 800, harley 883r

Try using vmware instead of virtual box. VMware workstation should be fine. I think you can download a trial from the site. I'm running Windows XP 32 bit from my MacBook and worked first try. I'm using a obd2 cable and my diy cable to husky.. Drivers for the obd cable I got from the tuneecu site.
  19. MFGamesta Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    S1000R, Beta 500 RR-S
    I'm looking for some help defining how the 3 fueling FT parameters work. I picked up a 2008 TE 205 with the 300 Athena kit on it. After cleaning it up, changing fluids and of course a bad fuel pump, I made an IBeat cable and started tinkering with the settings. It was getting 15MPG as the PO had the settings something like 120/130/140. You could smell the gas. I want to start with a decent fuel mileage which I know will bring some of the power down but I want that 3 gallon IMS tank to get at least 120-130 miles.

I currently have it set at 102/107/114 and it cruises fine at 50mph and has enough power to get there. But when I get on it, it takes it's time gaining speed. No biggie.

Regarding the 3 numbers, Are they for specific RPM ranges or throttle position or or speed is it something else? I'm just trying to learn. I can tell the difference in performance when I play with the numbers. I want to know what I'm doing.

Thanks!
  20. Rotax_655 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    ex TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Pegaso 650 GA
    The first prices are arrived

Attached Files:

DYNOBOB likes this.