the crown vs the gunsight

Discussion in 'History' started by fran...k., Jul 27, 2011.

1. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    Pobably about the time the Ford emblem changed from a sort of crown to an oval the Husqvarna motorcycle emblem changed from a crown to a gunsight. Maybe the more correct term is logo. Or am I somewhat inaccurate here? Does anyone know if there was some sort of logic to it and don't you think it is time for a new emblem? Were they even still making guns by the time electorlux of Sweden aquired it? If you want the gunsight you might as well be talking about back to the 1690's or there abouts in your literature when the first musket was made not 1903.
  2. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    They quit making firearms in the 70's. I love the gun-sight logo and it's stylistically a crown also. I was going to have it put on the side of my truck and trailer with all the other gun logos...;)

When Cagiva owned them there was some use of the Elephant.

[IMG]
  3. photoguy_43420 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 Husqvarna's from 1973-2001
    Other Motorcycles:
    73 Norton Commando 850
    The "gunsight" logo was announced at the end of 1972. It was thought to be aimIng at the future with thoughts of the past. I think BMW needs to use the "gun site" logo more on the new bikes. If you where into dirt bikes from the 70s-90s you knew what that logo was all about. Where I live the last Husky dealer went out in 1988. To some people around here when you talk about Husqvarna you get that feeling like your talking about Indians or even VIncent's. There that much of legendary bike, that logo is the key from the past that needs to open the future.
    J.R. and Muddy Waters like this.
  4. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

No, I don't
    I really like the gun sight, it's a good logo...why change it? :excuseme:

I'm somewhat befuddled by the lack of the gun sight logo on what presumably is the new big time exposure, 900cc bike BMusky is bringing us....not too happy with that :thumbsdown:
  5. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    AGREED. The "Nuda" (odd name, still havent found what it refers to..) is too naked. I mean hell, why build a bike and not advertise your own name on it? It needs a little more help in that dept.
    Though I really do like the looks overall. I cant wait to hop on one.