The 1986 superbikers' motorcycles

Discussion in 'Super Moto' started by Theo, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250

Notice that sportbike riders were competitive, while in the modern editions of the Mettet Superbiker they're not.
  2. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 510 - SMS 125 - TE 250 - TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    I was in Mettet last week end for the 29th edition of the superbiker. What an evolution! Not a single US rider was there, but supermoto champs , like T. Chareyre, M.R Schmidt, R Febvre etc... It was great as usual

[IMG]
  3. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
  4. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    Wow!

Eventually, someone (M.R Schmidt) defeated Fervbe. The Young German (or is he Swiss?) has already won the European Championship and the Italian International Series. I take it for granted that he'll win the next World title, too.
  5. manu Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    T509 - VMX 1200
    Marc Reiner Schmidt is German. As you said, he has the bike and the skills to be the next world champion. Plus he is very cool, giving out posters and always ready for a pic with a fan ( here with my boy ). A great guy really

[IMG]
  6. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250

Thank you :D

I still agree and I'd like to point out this:
    Checking his laptimes in the European Championship and the ones of the riders from the World Championship (you can do it here: http://www.supermotos1.com/results.php), you can notice that he was usually about 1 or 2 seconds slower than them. For example: in Ottobiano, his best laptime occurred in the warmup: 1:31.00, while Chareyre did 1:28.94.
    But, in the Italian Supermoto Series, when he had to compete directly against some people from the World Champioship, he was, usually, just some tenths slower.
    For instance, still in Ottobiano, he did 1:29,87:[url]http://www.mgmtiming.it/2015/italia...gara 1 - classifica - 2015-09-27 15.15.37.pdf.[/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=verdana][SI...liano Supermoto").[/FONT][/url][/FONT][/SIZE]