TERRAFORMERS

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Kenneth Webb, Feb 6, 2013.

1. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    great work Kenneth..
  2. RuggedExposure Now with more rugged!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Meanstreak 1600, '95 DR350
    Si, estoy de acuerdo, el estante es basura:
    [IMG]

El estante está hecho de polímero, o posiblemente mierda endurecido de caballo. Tiene fotos de su estante roto?
    Ha visto una persona hizo un brazo de pannier con el estante original o usted solo hechando una observación?

I agree, the rack is trash.
    The rack is made of polymer, or possibly hardened horse poop. Do you have pics of your broken rack?
    Have you seen a person make a pannier arm with the original rack or are you only making an observation?
    PaulC and FER QUILES like this.
  3. Abby Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra

http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/res-top-rack-thread.35161/

I'm getting one of these!
  4. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    Thanks Abby and rugged, your spanish is much better than mine, hehehee.
    I am still trying to see, Givi supports panniers to see if i can change the whole system in order to carry safetly.
    As I can see Givi panniers are quite indicated to carry enaught liters. And they have a very good offer at accesories in husqvarna web.
    As you see I ve mounted the mail Baul up to stock rack and alredy have problems of vibes and fragility.
  5. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    When we build them (pannier racks) we mount them off the sub-frame tabs that the rear rack is mounted to and it has a good weld on the few bikes that I have seen. Another Terraformer and I have even crash tested them! I also use this point on the racks to pick it back up when its was fully loaded. Ken and I have even had the bikes in the air with a full load and they are fine. Did you break the plastic or the steel mounting tab under the seat?
    FER QUILES likes this.
  6. FER QUILES Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLE500, HONDA NX650
    just the plastic rear rack arm, where the torx is.
  7. whiteo Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Tr650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda crf230f, 1974 cb200
    nothing special here but i did not like how far back the red plastic goes so i simply bought some pvc contact (usually used to wrap schoolbooks) and cost me $5 AUD reasonably easy aswell for anyone looking to give it more of a traditional dirt bike look. Have only had the bike for 3 days and am loving it other than 1st/2nd gear problems which im investigating at the moment.
    photo 1.PNG
    FabOneUp and Kenneth Webb like this.
  8. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Very nice thread! Got mine just a few days ago, so I'm picking up all the information I can find about the bike. Looks like I came to the right place. image.jpg
    nev.., krussell and FabOneUp like this.
  9. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Chrome tipped knobbies; nice!
  10. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Yes you did! HighFive also has a thread in Advrider that is absolutely massive. Be sure and check that out. Almost everything that is there is here in one thread or another that might make things easier for you to find.

Stay tuned for T2 (TERRAFORMER's 2). It's winter and about time for the next phase! This thread is also a bit too large and I would like to break things up. Ice racing season is also here so it might interfere with the T2 thread a little, but hopefully other's can contribute with their latest creations for the TR650's.

Congrats on the exceptional new bike! It looks like you and your shop are capable of making the Terra even better!
  11. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Unfortunately that's not my shop, I wish it was! That's the last day at the dealership, getting some winter gear on. I''ve picked up some R&G goodies, and will be getting a Backroads Moto luggage rack as well, only had a few hours of riding in yet, but love the way this bike behaves so far. KTM can't know what they're doing, taking this model out of production, was one of my first thoughts. Does anybody know how many were actually made? I certainly will be keeping an eye out for the T2 thread, a very interesting subject!
    FabOneUp likes this.
  12. WWR Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Speed Triple R
    Great Seat. I am trying to find an aftermarket seat for my Terra. Where did you find this one?
  13. broadwayron Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 520RR
    ^ I've got the same SC seat, and it's much better than stock, but still... something's not right about it. I can't figure it out, but it puts me in a weird position. I need more seat-time to figure it out. (Obviously, seat comfort is very subjective... I don't know how people can ride with the stock seat, though.)
  14. drzcharlie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Fayetteville, Arkansas with my Redheaded Mistress
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Burgman 650 (The Barcolounger)
    I have the stock seat and cut the foam much flatter from front to the back pillion step and also narrowed it from where my thighs hit it back about 2 inches behind them. Now I don't slide forward and the seat is fairly comfortable. Zero cost except staples.
  15. oconnor Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 Suzuki Bandit 1250
    I ordered the SC as well but went with the +2 so it's flat and I can dish it myself.