Terra 650 feedback

Discussion in 'Seat Concepts' started by x400racer, Nov 12, 2012.

1. x400racer CH Sponsor

We have a new seat and getting ready to make the mold. Looking for some feedback on what you would like to see changed. Would like to know if changes in height, width, slope, flat or stepped is needed. Thanks
  2. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Get rid of the dip in the middle. Make it one flat seat.
    Motoman01 likes this.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    If you do not get much feedback, from within the TR650 forum, search for 'seat' as shown here (note "Search this forum only" is checked):

Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 1.03.30 PM.png
  4. AvidR Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    WeeStrom, C50,
    I like the shape as it is. I would like the seat better if it was a little lower and softer.
  5. WoodsChick Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    3 Terras, 2 `07 SM610s, `09 WB165,
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM, GasGas, Suzuki, Honda
    When I test rode the Terra I noticed there seemed to be a sharp edge where the seat meets the plastic...almost like I could feel the edge of the bike through the seat. Anyone else notice this? I remember thinking "this could be a problem on a long ride" right away. As for the dip in the seat, if it weren't for that I imagine a lot of people wouldn't fit on the bike. I certainly wouldn't. Maybe taller seat foam (i.e. no dip) could be an option for those that feel the need?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    the shape of the seat for me is pretty good. I'd like it very sightly thicker where you sit and your amazing foam.
  7. William42 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT1200Z
    An inch lower would work for me.
  8. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I passed this on to Seat Concepts already, but for the public, I would prefer no dip. If it remains, I find that my butt is up against the back edge and another inch of space would be nice, as well as a softer transition when the need to transfer weight back is needed. Take a big hit, standing, with your butt back over the high spot and you may get launched! I have a 32" inseam so I'm not tall. Even so, a little bit more seat height to fill in the low spot and some cut down on the high area would be good. I will never carry a passenger. The 630 seat is GREAT!
  9. kyle01 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Beta 430, Honda CR 144, XS650
    +1 for making the seat flatter/higher. I'm not tall either (32" inseam) but the footpeg position/seat height put my legs at too steep of a bend making the transition from seated to standing a much longer trip than it needs to be.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  10. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Like it as is in the drivers seat, just needs better foam. My wife had a hard time staying in the passenger section. She constantly slid forward. This doesn't happen on my other bike (Buell Ulysses) due to it being flatter, I think, with no forward slope. Thanks for taking the riders input! It is looking like you may have to make a couple different seats for this model or custom make it per rider.
  11. Motoman01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None -- but considering a 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400s, DL1000, Triumph 900 Scrambl
    I agree with making the seat flat with no dip -- it makes it much more versatile for different size riders and allows all riders to move around much more which is good for both comfort and handling !
    LandofMotards likes this.
  12. Van Singley Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    18 bikes
    I ride a TR650 Terra, my inseam is 29 in.,so a thicker seat will not work for me. I would like a flat seat and a little wider, 1/2 to 3/4", where the riders seat ends and the passenger seat starts.
    mario33 likes this.
  13. RockinRod Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    79 GS850G, 99VFR800Fi , 04ST1300A
    Guys,
    I'm with Van Singley, I want it wider as well, and better foam could be an improvement...
    Rod
  14. Gunner2102 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Roadglide
    Wider PLEASE!! Another big plus would be gel. I had a custom seat made for my street bike and rode from Memphis to Amarillo straight, it has a gel insert and is nice. I rode my Terra for a 4 hr run and my ass was screaming.
  15. Lomax Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lots of them
    I know this is an old thread but I would like to get a new seat for my Terra. A little less sloped forward, no step, a little wider but not to hiner standing, and firmer foam.

Please make it and I will buy :popcorn:

Marc
  16. AzOzRider Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    HD, BMW, Suzuki, Kawi
    Wife and I are needing replacement seats for our Stradas and looking for some experiences others can share. I had my stock seat shaved to contour to me, which helped a lot, but since I am a short, lean bugger, the stock foam is just too rigid. We do long rides... like days and weeks on end. 1100km day is not unheard of, and its tough on this seat. Just finished another 6400km ride and I really am over the seat after 38,000km. I'm in Australia, so this won't be cheap and quick to do. I want to get it right. Thanks for any input.