TE630 vs SM630 suspension/wheels difference

Discussion in '610/630' started by muzzlitebeer, Mar 17, 2019.

1. muzzlitebeer Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None (yet).
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg 570 & Triunph Tiger 800 XC
    There is an ‘adventurised’ 630 for sale near me. It started life as an SM630 but is being sold as a TE. It is being offered with the SM wheels in addition to 21/18 wheels which are on it now.

My question... apart from the wheels, do the TE and SM have identical suspension? I’ll pre riding predominantly off road, so I’d want as long travel as I can get.

If there are differences, could someone please edjumacate me?

Also, do the SM wheels have a cush hub?

If this bike isn’t right for me, I’ll probably end up with a new SWM RS650R...
  2. Scottishjim Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 husky 610 sm
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki text 600 k2
    cush drives my arse,thats a after market part/jap part suzi drz,,,now your a biker so im asumin you know that,,after looking at your thingy me bob youve got a husaberg,shit man the travel is the same why fuck around with different susp,,,,come on now dude,you taking the piss?,,,lol,,,listen the swm and the husky 610/630 is basically same shit different day,,im my opinion.i would like to point out i wasnt being a cunt in any way,
  3. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    The differences- as far as I recall- are that on the SM you’ve got shorter legs up front (and shorter travel, of course), different caliper/rotor and caliper mount, and the 5th and 6th gears are different than the TE. A little searching will get you the specifics. I’ve no clue if the SM rear wheel has cush- my guess is No (as the idea of sourcing a SM hub hasn’t come up- as far as I know- in the on-going brainstorming of ideas on how to fit the TE with a cush hub.)