TE630 Skid Plate ?

Discussion in '610/630' started by calikatoom, Jan 4, 2014.

1. calikatoom Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F800GS, 625SXC
    Hi There,

I am looking for a TE630 skid plate. I tried searching without much luck.

I had one on eternal back order with George at Uptite. I have given up on this one.

I found one at Touratech that doesn't look very impressive. Ricochet doesn't seem to have anything either.

Can someone give some advice?

Thanks!
  2. BobPS Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster 795
    I got mine from B&B Offroad in Australia : http://bboffroad.com.au/products/
    The plate has two holes so when you change oil you don't have to remove the bash plate first. Great service from those guys :thumbsup:
  3. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    How tough do you need it to be?

The Hyde polymer plate is popular because it's ~$100, weighs next to nothing and slides over things like rocks instead of grabbing them, and it will save your cases in a low-side.

Other than that, most 610 plats will work on the 630.
    Same situation with the Hyde, you just might have to notch it a tiny bit for the 630 shifter.
  4. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Hyde was my first choice. I think it may be a bit quieter than metal also.

5. badbowie Husqvarna
    AA Class

I run a B&B on my 630. Can be a little fiddly to install at times.

If I had my time again I would buy the Force bashplate with one bolt installation makes fitting and removing a breeze.

Both bashplates are Australian made and good products.
  6. WickedWill Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    some little red ones
    Force for me.Very quick to remove and fit up.Resonates a bit as do all alloy plates.
  7. Deanmar Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 TE 610 ie
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda/Montesa 315r, Ossa 250mar 76
    P4260437.JPG bashplate1.jpg bashplate2.jpg Bought my 610 new and I didn't like the look of the alloy plates so I designed and tooled up a fibre composite bash plate.
    Looks good and has stood the test of time dropped it on serious rocks etc. Had it on for 3 years and have just resin infused a new one.
    Old one still ok but some fibre damage.
    Muddy Waters and JonDirt like this.
  8. trav72 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    ^ This. Plus it's quieter.

[IMG]
  9. Muddy Waters Husqvarna
    AA Class

Care to show more?
  10. Wrryder Husqvarna
    AA Class

Have you checked with some of the Husky dealers to see if they have an Uptite skid plate in stock? I'd check with Motoxotica, a buddy got one there a few months back....

11. MonoShocker Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva Gran Canyon
    Ricochet used to have one for the TE630, I have one on my TE630, you might ask them if they still have them. I think the only difference between the TE610 and 630 is the placement of the mounting holes but I dont remember for sure. If so they would know and if they dont have the 630 you might be able to drill the 610 to fit.

http://www.ricochetoffroad.com/store/page441.html
  12. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    For what it's worth, I have a Hyde on my WR, and I think it's just a tough as any aluminum skidplate. I wouldn't shy away from them because of material.

Mine was a pain in the ass to mount, I had to redrill a few of the mounting holes and the oil drain access hole because they were off by like an inch...
  13. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS

The 610/630 plate doesn't have an oil drain, and the clamp bars may take a little tweaking to fit up tight, but it's not a big deal to drop the plate to drain the oil, especially with those of us with a whole 2qt of oil that don't have to change it every 1000 miles :p

I did drill a drain hole in the low left corner, so it will drain water and such when sitting on the side stand.
  14. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
    Put some double stick tape on the clamp bars the first time you mount it and they'll stay put when you take the plate off.

15. robdogg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    07 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050
    anyone try the Motosportz plate? under $100 and has holes drilled for draining.. they call it a full coverage plate, I'm concerned whether it will give enough protection to the side cases, as I have punched a hole in one before.. I wish they had better photos on their website
  16. Troup Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF - KTM SX
    Warning, My Touratech bash plate ate my Oil pump cover.
    Really stupid design , pissed off I never noticed the danger before it happened.
    Could have been a real disaster but I was only 15 miles from the road so nursed it home.
    Fortunately it was just the gasket and the cover that was damaged but it could have been the clutch cover as well.
    It's Now fixed and I took a grinder to the bash plate to cut out the pieces that could cause more damage.

That hyde plate looks excellent, will be ordering one of them soon. IMG_4610.JPG
  17. Huskyvarna Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 630 2010
    Same thing Almost happened to me, got some scratches at cover and brakelever tip is gone..

So, where can i find a better one?
    I have seen TE610 with a much better model that was full of holes. Does anyone know where to find that model?
  18. Huskyvarna Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husqvarna TE 630 2010
    its probably the uptite model that i want. Who sell them?