TE630 - Minor Hydro Clutch Lever Leak

Discussion in '610/630' started by jtemple, Sep 20, 2010.

1. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm getting some seepage around the clutch lever piston. It's nothing major, and the clutch action is as smooth as ever. I checked the fluid level; as soon as I cracked the seal on the reservoir cover, fluid started pouring out. I didn't even get the cover completely off. I had the reservoir level. It was almost as if it was under a little pressure. So, I know the fluid is good & full.

Is it normal to get some fluid past the seals in the lever piston?
  2. Yossarian Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Multistrada 1200 Enduro; Tiger 800XC
    I would say that it's not normal, but then again it's not usually normal to have positive pressure in the clutch fluid reservoir. Now that you have removed that pressure, keep an eye on the master cylinder and perhaps the leak will be gone also.
  3. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Experienced the same issue with my TE510 and it was mentioned that the wear on the clutch plates contribute to the additional fluid volume and pressure. Drained a bit as you did and never had the problem again.
  4. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I'm going to crack it open tonight and make sure all the excess fluid is gone, per the dealer's suggestion.
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I opened it up and used a syringe to take out a little bit of fluid. The manual for the Magura clutches says that the fluid level should be 6mm from the top of the reservoir. I'd say it was a tad high.