TE630 Gas Tank Leak...Again!

Discussion in '610/630' started by jester6i, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Derek Sipple Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 husqvarna sms 630
    Anybody have any pictures of what I need to do to fix my bike I got a 2011 sms 630 and I got gas leaking out of the bottom of my fuel pump ? The pump was replaced last year by
    the previous owner
  2. Sooter Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Yeah...same issue with my bike. I put a new gasket on and used some gas resistant sealer and has not leaked since. However, this is obviously not the right fix. Any suggestions/ideas to ultimately rectify the issue?
  3. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630

Personally I don't think there is a sure fix. I've got two tanks and they're both warped at the mating surface. I also used a new gasket with a generous bead of fuel resistant sealant. It's held up for a few years now, but I sure get tired of peeking up in there to see if seepage has begun (well, it's not that I mind the quick peek- it's just knowing that it's a weak spot that's not unlikely to give me grief again.)
  4. Sooter Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMS 630
    Yeah, most definitely it's an issue that will always be at the back of your mind. Already contacted Husqvarna and Transport Canada for possible recall. Transport canada is willing to help if I document the problem with inspection from a dealer. My nearest dealer is 150km away.