TE630 fuel pump hose removal

Discussion in '610/630' started by jester6i, Sep 7, 2011.

1. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Anyone know how to remove the fuel hose from the fuel pump (gas tank) side? I looked at some previous posts on this but the removal process is still not clear. Looks like the black ring has to be compressed somehow, possibly with a special tool to allow the plasic elbow to pop out. It is not possible to push the black ring up or down so I am guessing it needs to be compressed from the sides?
    Also, how are you all routing the gas tank vent hose after canister removal? Mine has the round one-way valve in-line and some 90 degree bends in the original vent line. Looks like the one-way valve wants to go under the tank with the vent line running down the frame under the gas tank towards the back of the bike. And lastly, did anyone ever connect with a 2011 TE630 shop/repair manual? The trial and error approach to disassembly is a real time killer.
  2. RDTCU Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '11 630SMS
    To remove the tank, I always disconnect the fuel line from the throttle body end, not the tank end, just squeeze the black squares by hand and slide it off.
    As for the tank vent, I just used a double male nipple and connected the extra hosing to run it down to the bottom of the frame under the motor. Make sure to keep it away from the exhaust.

Also, IM jtemple on here, he will send you the link to his STP server where you can download the shop manual.
  3. shoolsema Husqvarna
    AA Class

I just got my bike last saturday. talk to "jtemple" about the manual. i just started a thread about setting the valves and he has posted on that thread if you want to click on his avatar and PM him. I also have the one way vent for my gas tank breather. not looking at my bike right now, but i believe my vent pipe goes down my right radiator and is zap strapped to my lower rad hose on right side. does not go under the tank.
    I removed my tank to do the power up modification. I loosened the fuel tank and propped the rear part of the tank up a few inches. Then it was easy to squeeze (with my fingers) both sides of the fuel line connector at the throttle body and pull it off. It took some wiggling back and forth, but i'm pretty sure it easier than disconnecting at fuel tank.
    DeanG6 likes this.
  4. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Thanks guys for the quick replies. While working on the bike, I accidently snapped the plastic fuel line connector at the throttle body (!#%$$) and so I have to replace the whole hose. Maybe the instructions to get it off the fuel pump are in the shop manual. I will IM jtemple now. Good suggestions on the vent line - I will run it down the right side of the frame and away from the exhaust.
  5. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    I busted the collar on the fuel pump side of that hose trying to figure the darn thing out. Now I just disconnect it on the throttle body side instead; much easier. Push the square black button (pretty hard) and pull on the hose.

If you still want to do it on the fuel pump side, I believe you push that little black plastic ring in toward the fuel pump to release the hose.
  6. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Since I broke the connector on the throttle body side, I have to get the hose off the fuel pump side to replace it. The black plastic collar looks fragile and I do not want to break it. I noticed a duplicate port (null one) on the other side of the fuel pump that looks identical to the one where the hose actually connects. Maybe when I get the new hose, I will be able to figure out how these 2 pieces connect. The hose connection is pretty loose on the fuel pump side, though no leaks. I wonder if it is connected properly to begin with.
  7. jtemple Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Kawasaki ZX-14R
    There's some slop in the fuel pump side; that's normal. It won't leak.
  8. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Thanks. This is my first EFI bike and there sure are a lot of new things to get used to.
  9. jhan Husqvarna

Removed the tank this weekend. It's a two hand job. Do not squeeze the black ring. Simply pull the hose away from the fuel pump lightly until it stops. Now push the black ring toward the fuel pump. Use your other hand and pull the hose out. It should come out very easy. If you can't get both hands in it (I couldn't), simply take it out from the throttle body. Make sure you squeeze the white square on both sizes! And when you put it back, make sure you hear a click, then pull the hose back to make sure it is locked in place, else you might have fuel all over the place when you turn the pump on.
    oneleven likes this.
  10. jester6i Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    SUCCESS !!!
    As soon as I pulled lightly on the fuel hose, I was able to push down on the black plastic ring and the elbow popped right out. This was the missing step. Piece of cake to remove/reattach at the fuel pump now. Thanks to all for your input.
  11. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    I just stuffed this one up as well and broke the little black collar off from where the hose connects to the fuel pump assembly in the tank, unsurprisingly the fuel hose will no longer stay connected to the tank. Does anyone have the first clue as to how to replace that thing such as where to find it or what it is even called?
  12. mjskier Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 KTM 990 SMT
    It isn't listed on the part list. So my guess is that it comes with the fuel pump assembly.
    I broke 1 leg of the black plastic thingy, but luckily didn't mess the white part which is really the one holding the fuel line.

I wonder if that plastic part could be printed on one of these 3d printers everybody talks about.
    Somebody would have to come up with a 3d model first though.
  13. SimpleOne Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    09 ZX-6R Trackbike
    Just scared myself senseless with the price of having to replace the entire fuel pump assembly just because of that little bastard of a thing!
    I'm going to see what else I can come up with....