TE610 - something to work on

Discussion in 'Older Single cams' started by Pyry Laine, May 6, 2012.

1. Pyry Laine Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    Hi everyone! I became husky owner yesterday, decided to tell everyone about it:p The bike is 1993, but i don't think it has a lot in common with orig 93 models anymore...
    Plastics from something newer, at least i like the new looks more. Engine could be newer, previous owner told me valves from 96 fitted well. Some porting done, too. Looks professional, critical spots have got extra material welded on, or some douche just fucked up with grinder and fixed it cheap... I don't really know anything for sure, yet.. Preparing to break it apart next week, to see what really is inside, and basic maintenance. Also have to change few oil seals and check whats wrong with the front brake which is terrible?

Any suggestions on that, do i need a bigger disc or am i going to have to upgrade the whole system? For now i'm just repairing the old system if i find failure.

IMAG0039.jpg IMAG0045.jpg IMAG0039.jpg IMAG0045.jpg
    Sorry for lousy pics. Didn't bother finding a better camera, better coming up when i get it back running!
  2. Pyry Laine Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    I managed to break the bike already [IMG]
    Before I began to strip the bike I had to ride it a little, had hard time starting it. Drove few kilometers and back to garage. First of I started stripping the plastics off to see how they were fitted and they weren't... So I'm going to have to do something about that.
    After that I inspected the wirings, everything looked fairly good, only few homespun bonds.
    I started the bike few times to get some volts going, but after few starts and stops it wouldn't start at all? fiddled with carb and changed spark plug, though the old one was working too, with no help. Old plug was wet and had a lot of encrustation on it, so I thought the engine was running rich. It also backfires quite a lot which I think means lean, so I think the carburetor requires a lot of tuning, also I'm not sure if the acceleration pump is working at all? Anyone got ideas how to test? I've never had a bike with accelerator pump before [IMG]
    Then I checked the valve clearances and fixed them to .04mm in .05mm out, since they were something more about .2mm each.. I heard the valves were changed just before i got the bike, so I think thats quite expected.
    I tried all sorts of combinations with carburetor tunings to start the bike, but nothing helped. The best I could do was few bangs. I got enough of kicking after my both ankles were so bad I hardly could walk and then just pushed the bike to a corner to wait for middle summer when I have the next vacation [IMG]

Any ideas where to start the next time I'm trying to get it started?
  3. Pyry Laine Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 610
    I wrote a bloody novel here but it went straight to hell when i tried to upload it, so here's the short version[IMG]

I took apart the flywheel, there was no loose parts and everything looked just fine. I forged a new piece between the flywheel and axle, since the old one had some damage on it. Put it togehter, few kicks and the baby fired up [IMG] I found out the ignition system was swedish, not the ducati I was expecting, does anyone know when the ducati energia's ignition was first introduced to TE?

I changed the regulator and got the lights working, went easier than I expected!

Stunned from succes I began to open the top caps of fork, first surrendered without a fight, another broke and is now at a machining shop. If it cannot be fixed, I'm going to have to find a spare. The finnish importer couldn't get any. If anyone have any idea where to get one I'd really appreciate it! I tried the rbay and a few parts shops I've found good with no luck...

Also I've been unable to find the manual for such old husky, if anyone got any I could use a copy.
    The halls husqvarna page I found sucks as a page, so if there is a good page for halls, please give the direct link, thanks[IMG]
  4. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The first year of the ducati ignition was 1995. The SEM ignition starts way easier, has more power available for lighting, and was just plain superb the ducati ignition.