1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE511 first oil change, tire change and some protection/bling

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Mar 25, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Did my first oil change last night. Was very EZ and will be EZer next time now that I know what tools and what to pull. This was at 176 miles. The oil looked virtually new, gold and clear. Amazing. The slightest of fuz on the mag plug, nothing in the two screen filters and I'm guessing nothing in the oil filter. The cleanest new bike oil change, heck probably the cleanest ever oil change. Not sure why but I am happy about it. Used to cleaning all sorts of orange abd black silicone off the screens and the oil looking metallic, not on this bike. The oil change itself was very EZ as well. Drains out the side and the screen filters come out the side as well and it is all right there together and EZ to get to...

[IMG]

Oil drains completely. Out the kick stand side. no fuss.

[IMG]

One oil filter, not super EZ to dig out of the cavity but a little pick and my finger and it is out.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Thought filling might be a pain but it is EZ using a little funnel and the sight glass is right there...

[IMG]

I also installed a 46T rear sprocket in place of the 51 and a Pirelli MT43 DOT trails tire. Should let me cruz at 60-65 and be smooth on the road. BTW the stock tube was scary thin cheap unit. I installed a nice HD Motoz tube. The ano on the new rims seems much better than on the Excels and i was able to change the tire without scaring them up even though i thought i did a few times. Good stuff so far, no loose spokes ether.

Gearing hint, most dealers are getting the TE310 with the tiny rear sprocket and take them off and put the regular rear sprocket on. This leaves chains to short for anything... anything but the 499/511 with a 46. The 511 take a shorter chain due to the CTS and this TE310 take off was perfect. So in this situation you can get a free chain if your friends with your dealer as he has no use for them. Bonus.

[IMG]

Then I went about tossing on our disk guards which mount up slick and look awesome (IMHO :D)

[IMG]

Need to get a red axle nut to complete the bling out...

[IMG]

Oh, and our new shorty fork bleeders in red. I have found these very useful and these forks do seem to need bled plenty.

[IMG]

So for the fun of it I took the three screws off the rear of the muffler and the SA pulls right out. The bike gets a little louder but I might try it like this if it ever strops raining to see if it makes a performance difference...

[IMG]

[IMG]

I really see no way for a spark to make it out of this muffler as it is not a straight shot, it winds around inside.

BTW the front fender it turning out to be a useful shelf while working on the bike and it would also be very good for ISDE / Enduro race cards, two big flat areas.

[IMG]

So, very happy with how EZ it is to change oil on and how clean the oil comes out. Bike has been EZ to work on and passing my expectation for the most part. Other than a loose shifter after the first ride the bike has been tight and worry free. Let the testing / evaluation continue.
    YOGAVNTURE, organ donor and HuskyKT like this.
  2. Mootak Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lookin good!
  3. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

That certainly is a HUGE positive having the oil and screen filters look so clean after 176 miles. How was the oil filter itself?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I saved it to cut apart but a quick inspection it looks new with nothing to see on it. I have never seen oil with 176 miles on it look so clean, especially on a new husky. It looked almost new. Usually the clutch will shed enough for it to not be clear anymore but was a nice clear dark gold.
  5. hamiltonuh60 Husqvarna
    A Class

I wish all bikes were that easy to change. What a concept....put everything that's needed to change your oil and filter on the same side! Oh yeah and you don't have to even move it as it's on the kickstand low side, wow!
    That's awesome how clean the filter and oil was. I so need one of these new bikes, thanks Kelly.
  6. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 WR300,13 WR125,18 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    The oil filter looks like a BMW filter.
  7. Alexs601 Husqvarna
    A Class

It's probably beacause it's a BMW engine!!!
  8. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    [IMG]Yeah, I know. The new bikes look extremely BMWish.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Get used to it, BMW owns husky. So far I am not seeing a down side, the bike works great and has been EZ to service. We will see if she lasts.
  10. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    I changed my new 630's oil and filter at 2 hours (on iBeat, not speedo) and it looked golden still to. It really looked like it just was put in. Only a couple of slivers of some clear plastic looking material in the scavenger screen. No red chunks of gasket material like in our '08 TE's. Time for the Scott's SS filter. They are doing a great job at the factory. [IMG] Well except for my rear break fluid looking like espresso instead of break fluid. I flushed that out no problem. Must have been loose cap in transport. No big deal though.
    Your TE 511 looks like a blast. I think Tourtech makes some case protectors to help with the shifter scrapes on the case.
  11. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

changed oil on my 449 pretty much the same allso fitted some bling parts will try get some pics up tomorrow
    djman likes this.
  12. Dirtdame Administrator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    17 Beta Xtrainer
    Maybe so, but if I wanted a BMW, I would buy a BMW. I am glad that I have a MV Agusta model....charmingly Italian.[IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG][IMG]
    HuskyTaylor likes this.
  13. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

you would have a job they dont make the bmw enduro any more,and the 449/511 seems lot better put together than my 08(mv augusta model) te qc seems much better.this is the way forward for husky like it or not you need to get used to it .
    organ donor likes this.
  14. Docbones Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do you have ant information on TourTech ie. website etc??
  15. patgas Husqvarna
    A Class

does the us version not come in race map 2 mode then because it doesnt have the akro,mine came with akro fitted and in race map 2 mode ?
  16. moto66 Husqvarna
    A Class

I'm foot in the same camp. It's more to do with the way the corporates buy/sell and the product loses it heart. Tesco have bought up pretty much every other small store/corner shop here. At first it was like yeah great good old cheap Tesco. Now some years later their prices are rocketing and there's no alternative because the small man's gone.. BM make solid cars and have excellent German engineering but sometimes you learn to love things for their frailties. I don't doubt the new 'Huskys' will be uber reliable but I think Dirtdame has got a real good point.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  17. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

She also has the best year of TE if I remember correctly. Simply carburated, pipe on the right side, and plain aluminum rims.

Sorry for the hijack.....I am anxious to see how the new model is holds up in a few more years. It seems like to typical HSQ person keeps their motos more than someone that buys X brand japanese bikes so we should be able to get some real world testiments to how good these really are.
    Dirtdame likes this.
  18. aya16 Husqvarna
    A Class

pretty impresive, all the screens, and the bike looks good with the bling.
    You might want to go to pep boys and pick up a very neat funnel, its marked in CC'S, has a lid, and best of all has a plastic hose
    with a shut off valve. I hang mine from the handle bars, with the correct measure of oil, plug the hose into the filler hole
    on the bike, turn it on and the bike gets exactly the correct amount of oil, not spilling a drop. heres a pix, off the net.
    [IMG]

Mike
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Its a global economy now and if i looked into the background of every manufacturer and bought things based on their loyalty to their roots i would be buying nothing. Mexican Chevys, Indian Jaguars, European Fords, I mean it is endless. That Husky got rescued buy BMW seems to have everyone in a huff. I mean they were already a Swedish company bought by an Italian brand and stamped MV Agusta. A sexy brand for sure but how many of you own a MV Agusta bike (not labeled a husky?)? I am to the point where I base the product on the product, i can't concern myself with who sold what to whom and form a bias based on that. If so i would never get to buy anything. Levis are made in lesotho, egypt, mexico and philippines but i still wear some. I'm just not sure what to think of all this. The bike is very good, thats all i know. Still has a lot of Husky soul and feel to me. Also has that strange uniqueness and walks it's own path, i like that. Quality seems up and time will tell if it lasts. I'm sure when the Swedes sold to the Italians there were a lot of pissed customers. Then the really good WXC's came and people went oh, these are good and the rest is history. This is just another chapter and I like what i am reading so far. Will be more than happy to stick with the brand if they continue to product good stuff like this with that husky uniqueness and sexiness.
    Muddy Waters likes this.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

thanks, i have one of those but a simple funnel works fine, it is EZ to get to despite how it looks. One of the EZest 4st to change oil on i have ever owned. Will not even bother with the screens other than checking them every few oil changes.