1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE510 ECU 09 Spec upgrade.

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by AUSKY, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Zim Husqvarna
    A Class

I have a mate who lives up there,included in his massive collection of bikes is a 450 Yamaha, talks about the Creb a bit, BTW you better mention the Saltys in that water crossing.Might be why the crowd has gathered.
  2. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08 TE510 96 WR125 00 WR360 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    They Crocs are hungry this time of year.
    Only lost one guy this trip.LOL
    [IMG]
  3. SwitchThrottle Husqvarna
    A Class

Beautiful scenery. :cheers: Get muddy, get clean and wet, then get dusty. The trifecta. :D

I love the washed down stream pic..good thing he got the yellow Zuki and not blue one :D
  4. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    I think I see some "Sheilas" in the group of riders.!!
  5. Low Down Husqvarna
    B Class

Hell... I think I see someone who came prepared (the guy holding the bark buster in the water) with a orange life jacket LOL!!
  6. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Always a few "sheila's" & some women as well.:lol:
  7. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Any further news update on this patch, very curious for my own 08 TE510
  8. AUSKY Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    1999 XR250 83 YZ 490
    Hi Coffee,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been away with work. I was incorrect about the interface cable, I have now been told by the dealer that the "09 ECU upgrade kit " does not require a cable change but rather the "kit" comes in the form of a USB key with the new fuel map & a disc with the software upgrade to allow IBEAT to change the mapping. I believe that this fuel map is "set" & not programmable, I couldn't get a part # of the USB key from them, as yet.!

What a huge difference it has made to the bike, easier to start, less stalling, cleaner & crisper running with NO loss of power, much better fuel economy & an awesomely clean pipe. I am running standard gearing & last ride covered 110klm & topped up with only 6 ltrs of fuel leaving 1.2 ltr in the tank after 110klm awesome! There have been local reports of 130klm/tank on the new settings which is a relief to the 85 klm I was getting out of a full tank, I just might have to put a hold on the IMS tank now. I would strongly advise anyone who has an early 08 TE to contact your dealers & ask for the upgrade, I just hope it is available in the States for you all. I can't see why it would not be.
  9. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

Seems like AUSKY & some of us recieved premature info,Some of the dealers thought it was 09. the 09 spec isn`t avail yet, it`s vsn2 08, apparently the later vin bikes have it already, here`s what i was told directly

7 dealers in the country can update the software............
    Vsn 1, early bikes had the FB1 & TPS bulletin for change
    Vsn 2, Software upload - cleans the midrange, top end & economy.
    if your local guys don`t have it, send the ECU to one that does, they`ll put it in a bike & upload, then when it comes back you`ll just need to hook up to normal iBEAT & re-set the TPS to your bike. The FB will be unchanged.

The 09 software will be programmable, not a switch as some think, it will be via the ECU & software, possible it will only remain in-house with importer to prevent larry leadfoots changing the curves & putting Husky`s up there with CRF Valve failures. Won`t be avail for some time yet.
    Or you could just order an 09 ECU, but the horsepower & economy against the 08 is unknown at this stage (none in the country for testing yet)

My bike is now getting 75klms from just under 4 lts with vsn1, so 100+kms is easy, that`s with 14/50 gearing riding single track, i`m going to put vsn2 in because it apparently gives more low end response. Here`s my pipe after 75kms of ST

How good are those pics AUSKY:applause:

Attached Files:

10. GoFaster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Do you know what qualifies as a later Vin?
  11. Doriak Husqvarna
    A Class

+1 (and bump into 2009) :excuseme:
  12. meslowmelive Husqvarna
    B Class

i just had mine updated from paul feeny direct so i'll keep you updated on how mine runs :)
  13. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    Anyway of knowing if you dont have ibeat?
  14. dags Husqvarna
    B Class

If you have a regular dealer & he has saved the log info he can view & let you know