1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te449 New To Me

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by SAR_Swimma, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    SAR, if you are riding in wooded areas with some terrain and not all out in flat country and wide open spaces, that 14/51 combo will be a good compromise ratio. You'll still need to slip the clutch in some of the tricky places (Which is a normal riding technique for any bike) but in 6th gear you should be able to hold 60mph for short bursts on the road.

Paw Paw - that sprocket ratio for your TC is pretty tall, and your TC 5 speed gearbox is the same as the first 5 of the TE, but the TE then has 6th installed after that, so can begin with a lower sprocket ratio.
  2. PawPaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda Crf450R + old CB750
    If you check the total gearing from the crank all the way through the final drive you will see that it is not as tall as the final ratio would lead you to believe. With the set up I have, 1st gear and second gear are lower than the CRF450R and the 3rd gear is the same and then 4th and 5th are just a tad higher. Like I said, It works great for me in MX and I have ridden cross country with it and it is much better that the stock gearing. With the stock gearing, 1st and second gears are about useless as they are just way too low.

Paw Paw