1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE449 cutting out when hot

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by shadetreeYT, Oct 6, 2015.

1. shadetreeYT Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Rocket 3
    I feel bad because I don't contribute anything to this forum except questions... and everyone here has been really badass about answering them. Here goes another one lol.

The last 2 times I've taken my TE449 out to the woods it runs like a champion until it reaches a certain temperature.... then it starts cutting out in the middle of the RPM range. It sounds like its bouncing off the rev limiter or is running out of gas... if you keep on the throttle it'll rev past it. Shutting the bike off and letting it cool down alleviates the problem, but it quickly comes back once it heats up again.

I'm still running the stock exhaust with racemap 2... I read somewhere that the catalytic converter can make it run too hot? I have engine ice in the radiator and had put in a brand new spark plug before this last time out so i know those aren't the problems. Any help would be appreciated guys, seriously thank you so much. This forum has been a godsend.
  2. Khaaf162 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 fe501s
    Mine did what sounds to be the same thing it would run all day on the road but a short while after I was on the trails it would start acting like you stated. It ended up being the coil was bad it tested fine cold but I guess in the tight stuff it was getting to hot. I changed it with one that I had got in a lot deal off of eBay and problem solved. Can't tell you for sure if that is your problem but could be worth looking in to.
  3. shadetreeYT Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Rocket 3
    Definitely going to look into that... The coil had been on my mind as a possible culprit. I just hate throwing parts at it.
  4. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Temp sensor is problematic in the hot stuff. Also with the stock pipe it does run hot. You might be boiling your fuel as the header runs right under the front tank with the fuel pump in it. I suggest testing the sensor though once they fail, they usually just die. The solution for you might be going to get a $20 roll of exhaust wrap and self adhesive heat shield material. I experienced this issue in the slow gnar even with the Akro TXC slip on. The wrap did the job on the pipe and have not needed to add the heat shield to the tank yet, though most just do both and forget about it. Much cheaper than a coil too.

You could always become a contributing member, or just throw a donation in the kitty. Go to your profile page, click on account upgrades in the menu on the left. This site has saved me far in excess of the $25 to become a contributing member.:thumbsup: