1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TE300 Lectron - twitchy low end ride

Discussion in '2st' started by Georgy, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Georgy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300, TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX65, Triumph Tiger
    Hi there
    Happy New Year ! -)

pls share your thoughts what can be wrong there: I have TE 300 2015 + RK Tek TorqueLine head + Lectron carb, the rest is stock

today I rode this setup (head + carb) first time, outside temp. about zero Celsius. First of all the bike was bogging on acceleration from very bottom, I have turned the rod 0.5 turns leaner, bogging disappeared.
    But riding the bike, I have mentioned another issue - when I am cruising on steady lowish rpm, the engine is running twitchy, like if my spark plug is missing the fire every 3rd (just for example) stroke. The pattern of this twitch is pretty even. Spark plug is very new NGK BR7ES

What shall shall I look at, guys? I am pretty lost

Thanks a lot
    Georgy
  2. Husky_10 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Yamaha SP R1
    The bogging off idle sounds like a lean condition. I was having the same problem and I richened the metering rod by 1/2 turn. You may want to pull the spark plug and inspect it. Dark means too rich, light brown is too lean.
  3. Georgy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300, TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX65, Triumph Tiger
    Thanks Husky-10
    It myght be I was acting in wrong direction, I will check once the snow comes off again

That's my spark plug, for me looks normal
    [IMG]
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Check your reeds to make sure they are sealing and the reed block isn't warped. Mine acted like your problem for a while and I chased my tail until one reed finally snapped and was sucked into the engine. That being said, it does seem like a lean condition as mentioned but check the reeds to rule them out.
  5. Georgy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300, TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX65, Triumph Tiger
    Reveille, thanks a lot for yr hint

Reed looked okaish form outside
    [IMG]

But from inside - not so good :(

[IMG]

Just 50 hours and reed started to leak... i will change it for vforce 4 and see if the problem was there or somewhere else
    NCSteve, dartyppyt and reveille like this.
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    50 hours is a good time to replace them regardless. Sure beats pushing the bike out of the woods. Or causing a dnf.
  7. Husky_10 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 Husqvarna TX 300
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 Yamaha SP R1
    Your plug looks like it was running lean. I had to richen by Half a turn inwards and the bottom end bog went away. I would try richen it up by 1/2 turn from your original setting with a new plug and go for a ride then reinspect the plug...
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    Unless the pug is really rich or really lean I find it a waste of time to try to jet off the plug. On a conventional carburetor running specific throttle positions with new plugs then shutting off the ignition and reading the plug can be helpful but not so much on a Lectron. On a lectron; Ride it and make it richer until it runs bad, then start leaning it out until it becomes crisp and stop. You're done. Since a lectron has two circuits you should adjust the needle first only considering how it runs from idle to 3/4 throttle, once you have that crisp ride it wide open and adjust the power jet screw on top until it sputters rich and then go clockwise until it's crisp at WFO, now stop.. you're really done. If you ever get one that idles and runs good at 0-1/4 throttle but runs bad from 1/4 to 3/4 you either have the wrong needle in it or your down on compression for various reasons. I helped a guy jet a Honda cr250 that was that way and it turned out that his new top end had too much piston the head clearance so he got the head cut for race fuel and bingo the carb came around and could be jetted perfect. He could have played with needles and got it to run right with pump gas but he would have been giving up mid-range power.
  9. Georgy Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE300, TE 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX65, Triumph Tiger
    lankydoug
    thank you very much for a great advice!
  10. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR