1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TE300 (and others) Radiator and Pump Impeller replacement

Discussion in '2st' started by robertaccio, Sep 26, 2015.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    well I finally decided to replace my pretzeled left radiator. I have bench bended kind of back and tweaked my rad guards to accommodate. But it really was time to change the thing. Happy it was quite a bit less than I thought it would be good news.
    So while it was off I re-tweaked my EE rad guards. But will most likely get some 7602 rad guards with the ability run or not run oem louvers and maybe bling blue anodized!!

Anyway the main reason to post this, I also did a value added mod and installed a KTM 2T Ultra cooling impeller from Checkpoint Offroad , ISDE vet and AA Enduro rider Matt Stavish's company ( idea came a from Jeff Slavens build). Installation was breeze just like the Slavens viddy and I used BLU 242 locktite and also threw on a new preformed pump cover seal.

http://checkpointoff-road.com/index.html

http://slavensracing.com/shop/water-pump-impeller-for-ktmhusaberg-2-strokes-by-checkpoint/
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    CV4 hoses, ZipTy Racing XF2 coolant, EE Rad guards, OEM louvers with Husky grphics zip tied on, Ultra Cool impeller= bullet proof cooling system
  3. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I wanna buy a TE300 just to get one of those impellers. Purdy:D
    robertaccio likes this.
  4. ggg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 14
    Other Motorcycles:
    NONE
    so does the engine run noticeable cooler?
  5. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I actually have temp strips on my rads, and they have recorded some super high temps 265-300F in the past from a few bottle necks.....so I don't know we shall see. With XF2 (or 1) its hard to tell during riding physically because its very near impossible get any boil going. Plus I have really no solid control, just what I remember what I've seen on my temp strips in the past.
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Rob, was it easy to install this? Thinking of getting one for my new 300.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    easy. drain coolant, pull cover , lock up impeller, use needlenose or fat blade screwdriver or use imagination for a tool, remove nut (it has locktite) wedge off plastic impeller, I used one of my small prybars but a flat blade driver would work too, the shaft is a D shaft for proper index and no slippage, install checkpoint alloy impeller use locktite, add new gasket reinstall cover- proper torque on cover screws!! add coolant---suggest- ZipTy XF2 or Evans powersports R coolant.
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    I looked at my temp strips and they show no high temp record....science to say that the engine is running cooler? not really, but just having alloy impeller gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling of zero worry bullet proof machine. (far cry from my TXC310R red husky days, always waiting for another issue to pop up- sorry 310R guys....)