1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

te250 2013 x-lite gear issue

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by shanes_husky, Oct 22, 2014.

1. shanes_husky Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250 2012
    Has anyone had a gear issue going from 2nd to 3rd where it's hard to get to change. Put it this way I'm pulling muscles in my leg over a 3 hr race trying to push the gear from 2nd to 3rd with my foot. Sometimes it also misses 2nd and end's up in neutral. Very embarrassing and enoying.
    Also to note when selecting gears from neutral the bike snaps into gear but the clutch operation is perfect in all other gears and the bike isn't pulling away in gear like a worn basket.
    any advise would be of great help.
  2. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Every Husky I own or have owned is a hard-shifter as compared to the bikes made in Japan...I hit true neutral (between 1 & 2 gears) at times when I'm lazy but hardly hit a false neutral between gears as you described...

That snap you are referring to when leaving neutral, might just be clutch drag ...My bikes are prone to do that often ... Just another quirk on my Huskies...

--

With your issue being so specific between 2nd & 3rd gears, sounds like you might have a ~real issue in the tranny but I'm not high-speed enough to even offer a guess...

Has the bike always been hard to shift like you are describing?
  3. shanes_husky Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250 2012
    Thanks for your feedback. Yes it's Def with 1st-3rd other gears feel smooth. The snapping issue was never there before last use so I guess something has happened last time out. I tried putting into gear from neutral with the clutch applied and little revs, it sounded like the gears were crashing together? Any ideas? Does this sound like a gearbox issue or clutch issue?
  4. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

My WR250 could do it but both my x-lites are smooth as a Jap bike.
  5. shanes_husky Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250 2012
    Ray ray- had the clutch stripped out today, couldn't fault anything looked brand new. The only thing I noticed was rotational movement on the basket with the ring gear solid. Approx 1 mm of rotational movement. No real knocking noises coming from basket so I'd say serviceable for now. The other thing was slight markings on a few plates. Might be worth trying a set of plates. I did notice a bit of clutch drag when sat off the bike but nothing to shout about. Just can't figure this one out.
  6. shanes_husky Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te250 2012
    Is there any adjustment on the clutch slave cylinders? I can only see adjustment on the lever at master cylinder. Te250 2013.