1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE250 2009 Fork Stiction

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Eoin, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    The previous owner had the seals on the 50 mm Marzocchi forks changed before I bought the bike because they were leaking. There seems to be a LOT of stiction on the forks. Will this bed in with some miles? Is it possibly down to seal material / brand and better seals will fix this?
  2. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    OK, so I stripped it down this morning and the forks seem fine individually. Seems that whoever did the seal job was a bit slack on their reassembly technique! Seals are very poor though, and the axle / spacer grooved, so new parts on order before it goes back together.
  3. hhdwtmtw He who dies with the most toys wins...

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TE300, '11 TE449, '10 TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
    I would also change the fork oil and give them a thorough clean. It’s common for dirt to get past the seals and settle in the damper valve assembly at the bottom of fork. The resulting sludge makes the fork action stiff.
  4. Soderberg Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310r
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gasgas ec250 -18, Yamaha WR250F
    Ive had the same problem on all my Huskys 2011 and two 2014. I have had them apart more than I can count. A couple of weeks ago I switched forks with my GG 2018 and it worked like a dream. I have done all service by myself the last 30 years. The shimstacks are almost identical and I have NEVER had any other problems with sticky forks. Not before the Huskys and not after. As I still have one left as an extra bike, Im trying to find the problem every year. Now I suspect that the wheel axle is out of specs and the same with all Huskys between 2010-2014. Ill get back in some weeks with the answer on that.
  5. Brent Mitton Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    txc250
    I sent my overly harsh forks ('08 TXC250) to be rebuilt by Ian at Rider's Edge Suspension in Vernon, British Columbia this winter. Total transformation.

ian@ridersedgesuspension.com
  6. Eoin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630, TE250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Africa Twin AS
    It's basically unused since a seal change done by the PO, so new oil. Not sure what grade though.
  7. Cleavon Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2004 te250
    Check your axle. I had to file mine down around the outside edge where it had flared out. It wasn’t allowing the right fork leg to center itself before I tightened it down.