1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TE150i

Discussion in '2st' started by david.bergen, May 2, 2019.

1. david.bergen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ajp pr4 240,beta xtrainer,beta rr250
    Dealer just told me the TE150i is ready.
    He ordered some , presentation in June/july
    I am interested. No detail info yet ...
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    So the rumors are true
  3. johnnyboy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 250f
  4. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    Currently loving an 18 150w. The 2020 updates seems solid across the model lines, I don't have any concern there. My only concern with injection on a small bore, is torque. They need to be on the fatter end of the spectrum or they get weak and zingy. This might be a non-issue for a fast track or desert, but for woods/extreme enduro I keep mine slightly fat and then the torque is impressive for 144cc. Lean it out and it suffers. So, that's the big question for me. Is it going to be weak and zingy, or fat and meaty? This is super important, because the other injection issue I can't reconcile is that the system is essentially non-adjustable, unless you start buying stuff.
    Why, oh why, on a race vehicle are we not allow to tune it? For me, that's currently the killing blow for injection on a two stroke, and a small bore, especially, for the reasons I mention above.

Oh - there is one other thing that's been a KTM/now Husky small bore issue: Lock-to-lock turning radius. It's always had radiators in the way and turns less than the 250/300 platform. They've done this since the PDS platform started in 1998, and it's been the same through all the frame iterations. Getting tired of that. With the new frame they've lowered the radiators. I hope that finally brings the small bore up to the same turning radius as the full size bikes.
  5. NH-JP 2nd Fastest Old, Slow Guy!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    1988 Honda Hurricane,
    So..... on the tpi bikes,technically, there is still adjustability with the power valve.
    You probably can make some changes there to make up for the potential loss of torque.
    Just a thought.
  6. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc

Well, it's a good thought! But I'm talking about the fueling maps. They have been on the lean side on the TPI's. You can get away with that on a 250 and a 300 (and you get the "smooth" engine that TPI is famous for), but on a small bore lean is weak and zingy. Smooth, yes, but weak and zingy.
  7. david.bergen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ajp pr4 240,beta xtrainer,beta rr250
    Next week I am having a test ride on the TE150i.
    Will update my impression. I am now on the Beta rr250 so am curious how it compares.
  8. V8Astro Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Strada / 2008 SMR510
    Other Motorcycles:
    Suzuki GS500, Yamaha TR125L
    I was eyeballing one at the dealership last time I was there. I bought 250i but could have gone for the 150i but the timing wasn’t right. Good deals on 2019’s. I ride all street so a fast revving 150i would be a lot of fun