1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Austria - About 2014 & Newer
    TE = 2st Enduro & TC = 2st Cross

TE/TC TE150 vs TE150i

Discussion in '2st' started by geastman, Jul 30, 2021.

1. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

I have a 2018 TE150, dialed in, works great. With < 90 hours after 3 1/2 seasons, I could ride it for a long time.

But I am suffering a bit from "want a new toy" syndrome...

Has anyone owned both the carbed TE150 and injected TE150i (or spent significant time on both) and can comment on advantages/disadvantages of TE150i?

From specs, injection adds weight and costs power. And carves a big chunk out of "2-strokes are simpler than 4-strokes".

But peak power is likely not an issue. These days, I spend very little time WFO wanting more. And I basically jet by the season. Even though the JD Jetting PWK is forgiving, I do not jet for changing conditions like injection would...
  2. geastman Husqvarna
    AA Class

rockdancer likes this.
  3. Picklito Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    430, 430, 430, ,400, 175
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM250xc, KTM500mx, KTM440exc
    I had an '18 150. Carb, obviously. Low end torque was super dependent on how you had it jetted. All two strokes will demonstrate this, but with the small motors it's even more important. Jetted lean and clean, I didn't like it: The motor was weak and zingy. I kept it fat and had what I thought was gobs of low end for 144cc motor.

So, my point is that with a carb you can do that. With TPI you get one (stock) map, unless you spend money on reprogramming. Stock may or may not be giving you all the torque that this AWESOME little motor is capable of.

All things considered (and admittedly having never ridden a 150TPI) I'd not let that 18 go. Especially with <90 hours on it.

Shameless Plug: While I'm here I'll say that I've used the TSP head/reprogram kit for other TPI bikes and they are amazing.