1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE clutch pushrod

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Louge, Aug 7, 2008.

1. I've had modest difficulty locating neutral for awhile and pulled the pushrod today. The lower and 10 O'clock position slave bolts were black anodized with SS heads, the 2 O'clock position bolt was SS throughout. Disassembly was straightforward. The pushrod was dimpled .005 ~ .010" on the clutch side and .015 ~ .020" on the slave side.

George at Uptite previously posted a 7.212" spec. I interpolated with my 6" verniers and got an average reading of 7.262" without factoring the dimples.

Removing the slave circlip as Dave Hopkins suggested would make the clutch self adjusting. I superglued a .030" Evoluzione SS shim onto the slave clutch side. We'll see how she does at the Hancock AMA enduro this weekend. :)
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    This is not inside the case right? If so I would NEVER race or even start it. Your asking for trouble if (when) that sucker runs free.
  3. Mike Kay Husqvarna
    AA Class

Ive played around with that rod. Just curious, what is your issue? Meaning what has been the problem with the clutch and on what kind of bike?

I did find wear on my rod end, but not much, and that was after two baja race seasons.
  4. <G> Agree! </G>
    The pushrod extends ~.100" outside the case. The shim was superglued on the slave side merely for locating the center-line during reassembly.
    The slave's internal bore will capture it thereafter.

Clutch pack > Pushrod > .030" shim > Slave clutch

Mike Kay:
    Ive played around with that rod. Just curious, what is your issue? Meaning what has been the problem with the clutch and on what kind of bike?

I did find wear on my rod end, but not much, and that was after two baja race seasons.

Husky TE pushrods are aluminium. KTM issued a TSB upgrading 950 pushrods to steel after experiencing problems with clutch engagement. Neutral is somewhat difficult to locate at a standstill, the clutch performs flawlessly otherwise. The bike is an 07 TE510 with 7K miles.

I'll put a few miles on the bike here this morning and again in Hancock this afternoon. If necessary the shim can be removed in minutes.
  5. Update:

The shim worked, neutral is easy to find again. :)
  6. Poopy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WB165
    Any pictures of what you did? My tc250 is hard to find nuetral, and if you are in nuetral and drop it into gear it will stall sometimes, i know the clutch isnt fully disengaging. Im new to hydraulic clutches too...:o
  7. The Evoluzione shim is merely a #4 SS washer. I interpolated the two pushrod dimple depths and added the shim on the slave side.
    Everything is pretty intuitive after taking a few moments to pull the slave and pushrod. Sorry, no pix ...