Te 630 Sub-frame Mod

Discussion in '610/630' started by capt42104, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Yep, bolted on brackets, welding is the way of the future.
  2. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Man that's a lot of breaks! Has to flex a lot to do that, but once one piece fails, it's a cascade. I had my frame reinforced with welded brackets when it was new, and never a problem after many thousands of miles with a full load of panniers and duffel. Were I in your shoes, I would consider, at least, a new sub-frame and then reinforce that. The bike is worth the hassle. I'm not sure that the thin aluminum can ever be welded back to full strength, but I'm not a metal expert.
  3. Homerb Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 1050, KLX300, TT250,
    Not at $1870! I'll make one out of steel before I pay that!
  4. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Wow! That's a lot for a sub-frame! Fix it, definitely.
  5. vsaltao Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE250 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400E, DL650
    Ask a quote from SWM, RS650 subframe is the same i think.
  6. DYNOBOB Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    SuperTenere-GL1800-CBR900RR-KLX250S
  7. Sizzler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    CBR600, SZR660, TLM260. DRZ250
    I bought two (postage was the same) of the braces, thinking that someone else might want one.
    I have since sold the 630 ( not really the right bike for Syney commuting).

If anyone in Australia wants one, they can have it for the cost of local postage, or pick it up from Katoomba.
  8. muzzlitebeer Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None (yet).
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husaberg 570 & Triunph Tiger 800 XC
    Has SWM not reinforced the subframe on the new RS650R’s then? Same same?
  9. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    What we call a 'necro-post'. A dead thread. LOL.

Bent bolts are common, but a hardened one isn't recommended. Just better to inspect and replace as needed.

You never made and installed the reinforcing plates in for your subframe? The dimensions were posted as a PDF. I never made a dime on them - it was a free service to the community.
    My bike sold a couple of years ago now. In fact, everything got sold. I just got too old to ride - one more crash and was liable to end up in a wheelchair. But, I've since take up electric-mountain bikes. WAY way too much fun. :thumbsup:
    DYNOBOB and Rotax_655 like this.
  10. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I for one am glad you still check in, you were a tremendous contributing member! I am happy you still have some method of enjoying 2 wheels.
    With the risk of derailing this thread do you mind sharing your bike info? I am looking for an electric mountain bike as well.
  11. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Well, it is OUR thread. LOL

I got a 2019 Giant Trance E+2 Pro. Absolutely love it. The most fun on two wheels I've had since my first Penton Six Days when I was 16/17 years old.
    They're probably sold out, so the E+1 Pro is available for 2020. It's even green. LOL

The top eMTB is the Specialized Turbo Levo Comp. The only problem is they're close to seven-grand. I gave about four for my +2 Pro.

The tires on these things are nearly motorbike size now - 2.8" wide!
    And the assist drive comes from Yamaha. Just fantastic. Climbs hills effortlessly, max speed is 20mph/32kmh, which is perfect for single-track. And 150mm of front fork travel from FOX. I don't know if you recall, but the early dirtbike forks from Cerriani were about 32MM tube diameter! Range is about 30 miles on a 12ah li-ion pack. The technology on these things is astounding. So is the cost!!! :busted:

Pic...

[IMG]
  12. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I will look into those. Our local shop is DeVinci which makes sense I think because I am in Canada? A friend has one but I think it is around 9k Canadian! Too much for me.
  13. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    Never heard of those. Great looking bike, albiet a little spendy for an alloy frame. You're getting into CF territory there.
    The E-trail 29'r is a great looking bike for $5499USD. Shimano 'steps' is a very good assist system. I test rode one at YT Industries here in San Clemente. They have a CF equivelant for $4500 called the DECOY. I would go that route. You can get service on Shimano anywhere. It's a good universal assist system. Performance is excellent, although the Yamaha has a reputation of being bulletproof. The others, Brose, Shimano, Bosch, all have their issues. Bosch is one of the earliest, just opened their 100-thousandth warranty claim. OUCH. Yamaha doesn't even have a warranty portal - they just don't break. But they do honor their warranty and will replace the drive if it breaks. The yamaha also supports lower cadence with a little more torque. Very rider-friendly.

I would probly opt for their All Mountain, DC NX11S
    Their DeVinci E-Trail:

[IMG]
  14. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I do believe it is time to sell my long travel downhill bike. Knolly Delirium. Love it though and probably could manage with a trail/all mountain bike. I started my research last night thanks to you!
    CJBROWN likes this.
  15. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    My TE630 sold to a fellow near Portland OR. He was looking to do some long distance adventure riding in the outback.

The latest mountain bikes with their long travel suspension and knobby tires - if y'all recall back in the seventies motorcycle fork tubes were 32, then 36mm diameter - and now we find them on a bicycle! And the tires - 2.6 to 2.8" width profile - they also nearly match motorcycle sizes. Fox is one of the premier manufacturers of suspension components. There are others, but Fox is a favorite. Shimano is still a big player in bike components, high performance shifters, hydraulic disc brakes, and ebike assist systems and battery packs.

One of the more popular features that blew my mind was the 'dropper seat'. A little lever on the handlebars allows you to drop the seat for aggressive downhill stance, then back up under your butt for pedaling, especially hill climbing. I would not be out there were it not for the ebike. You go 50% faster, range is twice as far, and it's three times as much fun as a pedal-only bike, so you go twice as much. How do you like those stats?!? :cheers:

One of the influencers in another forum is an advide motorcyclist from Australia. He and his group of fifty or so riding buddies, and his kids, have transitioned from their dirtbikes to e-mountain bikes. It's one of those things that if you try it you just get hooked. It is one of the most fun things I've ever done, and the closest thing to a lightweight dirtbike as you can get. The eco-green/conservation people like them too. For forest single-track they are an absolute blast.

I'll just drop this here...

16. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    I am looking forward to my first ride.
  17. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    Anybody knows the mods that were made in Superdual chasis so that in theory can stand a couple of suitcases?

superdual.jpg
  18. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    OK, I answer to my self

Superdual:

superdual.jpg

TE 630:
    TE630.jpg
  19. motranqui Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2010 & TE630 2010
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha YZ 250 F
    As we can see, SWM apply CJBrown modification :busted:

superdual.jpg

But as far as we know, they never called him to say "thank you" :)
    KayDubbya likes this.
  20. CJBROWN Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    '15 R1200GS
    No kidding eh? Wow!!