TE 630 Clutch TSB info needed

Discussion in '610/630' started by capt42104, Dec 2, 2011.

1. capt42104 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey all,

I have searched around and can't any part #s for what is involved in the TE clutch push rod TSB. I also can't find when the updated clutch push rod was introduced to the production line. My TE was born 04/11. My dealer is an hour away and i just assume do it myself if my TE doesn't already have the upgrade.

Anyone have part #s or the affected production run dates?

Thanks,

Vince
  2. SilverBullet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE630
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 300EXC, V-Strom650, Super Tenere
    New pushrod p/n is 8000H5375, Service Buletin states all model year 2011 is affected by lack of VIN range. The difference is old pushrod has a round end and new pushrod has a hex end. Very easy five minutes replacement, remove two screws for clutch actuator and pull out pushrod. Just make sure you tilt your bike to the right side otherwise you'll make a mess with engine oil dripping out.

_
  3. capt42104 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Very cool! Thank you very much.

Vince
  4. capt42104 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey all! I just received and installed my "updated" clutch push rod. There was immediate improvement in the clutch engagement. The big difference between the two rods is the updated rod is thinner in diameter. The hex head diameter was the same as the older version. This provides a much smaller contact area in the case bore as only the tips of the hex touch the case bore. Also, I noticed when i removed the original rod it dragged real bad as i pulled it out. Since the new one is thinner it felt sloppy until it was seated all the way in.

IMG_1930.JPG
  5. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Capt, 'Bet you nailed it! Friction in the bore would perfectly account for the sluggish take up action I feel when starting from a stop.
  6. capt42104 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yeah, i initially thought the grabbing clutch was due to the Rotella T6 5/40 i put in, but when i took it out and put in what i used before, Cast 10/50, and it still grabbed, i realized it had to be the rod. This totally fixed it.
  7. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

great info.. thanks for posting Capt..
  8. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175
    hey guys with this correct a clutch that seems to be dragging a lot or would that be some other issue?
  9. EricV Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    Disclaimer: I'm not a transmission/clutch guru. I think it's more likely your drag issue has more to do with the master cylinder piston travel- often drag issues can be tuned out with the adjustment at the lever.

I did, by the way, just do my rod swap. I didn't think I had issues (and had misplaced the new rod anyhow- just found it yesterday) but gotta say this has returned the trans to feeling great/smooth and easy to find neutral.