1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 570 overheating

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by husky570, Jun 19, 2009.

1. husky570 Husqvarna
    B Class

Any suggestions on how to keep my 01 TE 570 from boiling over? I ride at sea level to 1500 feet elevation on the Oregon coast, it only happens when I am doing a bunch of tight slow going trail riding in first or second gear. I have flushed the cooling system and have put in "Engine Ice" coolant and it helped but will still boil over after doing some tight slow going riding.:excuseme:
  2. Fritzcoinc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check for leaking head gasket. This will cause high fluid levels to overflow in the recovery bottle.
  3. Drew Smith Husqvarna
    AA Class

Are you useing radiator guards? If so you may be excesivly restricting air flow.
  4. Creeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

You can always try a higher pressure rad cap. For example, if you have a 1.2 bar, you can go up to a 1.4 bar.
    For every couple points in pressure, you increase the boil-over point by about 20-25 degrees.

Hell, you may just need a new cap... your eight year old one may be out of spec.

C
  5. bower100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '83 250CR - '07 TE450
    Other Motorcycles:
    TY350Trials-BetaRev3-'77RM250-'80YZ
    For sure restrictions to air flow will hamper cooling ...whether its braces/guards on the rads or even those slanted louvers bikes sometimes have.
    But check for something as simple as too many of the little fins between the vertical coolant tubes being mashed over. Seriously, a lot of them closed off is deadly to cooling. Remove and rinse the rads, then sit down in front of the TV and spend two hours picking the fins open with a razor knife or equal. ( Don'r "saw" on the vertical water tubes with the blades sharp edge... your just using the sharp narrow blade to pick the fins open).They don't have to be perfect...just open for air to pass. On the spots that are mashed too deeply to open up just push clear thru the rad with a very small screwdriver. (Better to have no fins there than fins not letting any air thru...... seriously).

Dave
  6. mxracernumber1 Husqvarna
    A Class

If you've never replaced the rad cap. That is where I would start. The stocker should be able to handle 1500 feet. If it keeps it pressurized in the rad., you won't have to worry about the elevation. If it's not the cap, then you probably go a leak somewhere like the gasket (as previously pointed out).