1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 511 Flywheel Weight

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Cosmokenney, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    What do you all think about putting a flywheel weight on a 511? That is if I can even find one. I really don't use the bike on the road that much at all. But I feel like my lack of skills would benefit from the added ability to tractor it in the technical stuff.
    reveille likes this.
  2. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    I like the idea
  3. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    It needs one.
  4. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    If your're not open to a EFM auto clutch then a FWW seems like a good idea if plausible.
  5. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    I think my WR125 could use one. i have never thought when riding the 511, at least not after it was brought
    To run like it does now. I can run it a gear higher and it easily pulls all I can handle in the tight stuff, out in
    The open, keep it a gear lower and use the great mid/top to drive out hard.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  6. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    I wonder if Zipty or Motosportz or anyone is interested in making the weights
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Not enough room to install, no plans on making one, does not need one. Porting the head seriously increases the low end torque on this engine.
    danny318 likes this.
  8. Thrasher Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 511
    If you're skills aren't that high, I wouldn't think adding a bunch of power to the bottom end would be a good idea. Once my PCV was dialed in my bike would tractor around like nothing I've ever ridden. If you're in Granite Bay, we're not too far away. I could make a trip out there sometime and we can compare settings and mods.
  9. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm starting to realize this was a fueling issue. I've gotten 15 minutes in since installing a JD Tuner and setting the "fuel pump" feature kinda on the high end. I also put the low rpm setting up a little.
    It seems to have gotten rid of a lot of the bogging. In the 15 minutes I spent in the front yard "testing" it, the front wheel was off the ground more than it was on. That never happened before.

If you want to come out this way, PM me. A couple of our riding areas are opening up here pretty soon. I'd be more than happy to show you around some of our sweet single track. There's also a few group rides coming up that I plan to do.
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Once the oil recirculation issue is squared away, the only other real issue with this motorcycle is fuel.

The PCV can establish improvements where the it is just not possible for the JD. Because the JD gives a generalized increase/decrease of fuel to zones, and lacks the functionality to be precise, in many cases you will be solving a starving issue while creating a surplus one.
  11. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

I can HIGHLY recommend the G2 Throttle Cam as opposed to holding the motor back. I cannot imagine the 511 being much different, but I have never felt my 449 lacks any bottom end - in fact each time I ride it I find myself trusting to let it lug deeper and deeper into the stroke. I think my old 525 RFS was simply beautiful in its capacity to lug well into the auto decompressor - but I am trusting my TE in the same manner. Now that my flameouts are gone, I am not scared of letting an idle bail me out of rocky climbs.

I can say that the G2 adds a whole new scope of throttle control. G2 with EFI adds a whole new level of precise throttle control.

BTW, one other "hillbilly" solution to more tractor on the rocks is swap out a high tech sprocket for solid steel and a big meaty tire with a UHD tube. All that weight on the rear wheel can add a ton of low speed stability without making the motor struggle.
    Radar likes this.
  12. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09

I like this. I'm still trying to wear out the stock Michelins. I've already geared it down. When the renthal sprocket is gone I'll probably go steel.
  13. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

My stock Michelins didn't wear down, the knobs just chipped off the case, I was VERY happy to see them go :)
  14. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

Absolute worst set of dirt tires I have ever used...hopefully Husky was obligated to them contractually. If someone actually tested those and said "Yeah, those work well..." I would be shocked. If so, they need to be removed from motor sports for life!

I couldn't find a single thing the Michelin's did right. I thought that pavement was one area they were tolerable until my knobs started just flying off. Sand, rocks, mud, hardpack, they were perfectly equal in sucking everywhere. Consistency they have down pat!
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  15. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I'm running them at 8 or 9 lbs. They are okay under most situations. However any kind of rock or root step up and they just spin and spin and spin. And at 8 lbs I'm feeling the front rim a lot. It's just a matter of time till I pinch flat.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The 216 AA fat tire is the best we have found for the front. It sticks 3 times better than a MX51 motocross, doesn't wash out and it's DOT legal.
  17. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Is that the GT? Do you sell them? What's a good rear to pair it with? I was going to run a trials in the rear, but I've seen some reports that they aren't as amazing on the bigger bikes as they are on 250s and smaller.
  18. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

I have a trials on my 449 and absolutely love it. I am just running a quality heavy rubber tube at around 7-8 psi. I have tried all of the tires and keep coming back to the MT43 - it does everything exceptionally well.

Trials tire + CTS = whole new style of riding
  19. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    What's your font tire?
  20. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449

Ive been on IRC's for the last several years and have been very pleased. In a prefect world, I would run an S12 (my favorite front by far) but our terrain in the Ozarks is just too rough on them. The VE35 is one of the best do-all fronts I have found and they hold up exceptionally well. I put 700 miles on my TE last year and did it all on one set of tires. I will do considerably more this year, but will get by with one change (MT43 rear and VE35 front).

I dont care about the DOT thing - we dont have inspections or anything.