1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Te 310 2012 Engine Questions

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by mr_extreme112, Jun 17, 2018.

1. mr_extreme112 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 310 12
    Hello,
    i just recently bought a 2012 TE 310, i really like this little bike. It´s got the full LeoVince Titan exhaust you could order directly from Husqvarna, but the stock ECU and injektor. Here in europe its really hard to get the txc ECU at this point, is it possible to just put in the Kawi injector (49033-0011 i thnink?) or is this a waste of time and money? I already tried tuning the bike using Ibeat, there still is a bit of a bog off idle, but it runs ok.
    Second question, how often would you change the Piston? Im mostly doing XC fast enduro riding, so the little engine has to do some work. But it gets frequent oil changes and a good warm up before riding. Coming from 2 stokes, so i dont really have much experience with this sort of stuff.
  2. funmachines Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husa FE570, Beta trials, CDale 440
    I think it's easier to find a TXC ecu in Europe than in the US. I found one on ebay from someone in Israel and bought it about 5 months ago and had it shipped to the US. The injector won't really help by itself. It flows a substantially different amount of fuel and to use it you would need a fuel controller or the new ECU. Some people have had good luck using the fuel controllers but they don't do anything to the ignition advance. The new ECU is definitely better than the stock TE version at low end but it still stalls much more easily than a 450. It has a super light flywheel and part of it's character comes from that - even with the TXC ECU you need more clutch work than a bigger bike but it's also very responsive. Without the TXC ECU you can make off idle better by tuning with TPS and butterfly settings, raising the idle, and going to lower gearing. There are multiple threads on the software, TPS settings and tuning the idle for the 2011 and 2012 TE's. It got a lot better off idle just with the setting changes and the gearing (I have 12T and 50) before I added the TXC setup.

Good luck