1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

TE 310 1st Ride - Post break-in thoughts?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by HUSQVNA, May 25, 2009.

1. RLW Husqvarna
    AA Class

2. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yer right, my common sense didn't kick in when I origonally wrote this... At 6,000 ft+ the bike was hard to start and has a tendancy to die if you don't rev it up as you engage. Even when hot, pulling the choke helped with the starting issue. If having the O2 plugged in gives a leaner mixture, I belive I'll give that a whirl and see if I experieince the same sensation. Easy enough to do anyway. I can deal with the power loss, not the end of the world. Just want to clean it up a bit. And great article on how EFI works! Very informative, thank you.
  3. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

You've got a good point on tight trails and being able to keep it in the meat of the powerband. Been on the 450's since 2000 so this is going to take some getting use to. It's kind of like learning to ride all over again, but in a good way!
  4. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

I had a 2008 TE and rode from sea level to 6,000 feet. The bike always started and ran fine but of course there was the power loss to contend with. I'd love to head to the higher passes on Colorado some time and see how well the EFI works at 12,000 feet.

NC
  5. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Well, I got my 2nd ride in today, and things are looking up! Back up in Prescott but plugged the O2 sensor back in and what a difference. Still has a bit of an issue from time to time stalling, but nothing like it was. She runs like a champ. Was worried about the gearing, but having gotten use to it, I really like the stock gearing in the nasty hills and tight twisty's. Still taking it pretty easy on her, but love the motor. Pulls hard in the mid range, and pulls all the way to the top. Bottom end isn't what I'd like it to be, but again, expect that from the smaller bore. I'll take the trade-off for the mid-range pull it has though. So far I haven't done much with the suspension as I'm trying to get a good feel for the bike. Have the sag set for me, and stiffened up the front end a couple clicks. Bike is extremly predictable in the rocks and whoops. Continue to be impressed at just how effortless this bike is to throw around in the twistys. Bike is so easy to plant and stick into a corner, I'll take killer handling over a hot motor all day long. Long of the short, still loving the bike. It's easy to ride and more importantly, FUN! Right on Husky. You got it right in my book!
  6. NumberCruncher Husqvarna
    AA Class

So you are running the bike de-restricted but with the lambda plugged in correct? What kind of fuel range do you get like this?

NC
  7. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Correct. O2 is plugged in and bike is unrestricted, currently without spark arrestor plug (I'll be putting that back in though since it's required everywhere) Anxious to figure the mileage out too, however I won't fill up with fresh fuel till next weekend when we go riding. I'll keep ya posted, but curious as to what others have been experiencing. I'm HOPING I can get a minimum of 60 miles on a tank unplugged, and 70 plugged. If you've got a TE 310, lets hear what kind of mileage your getting with your current setup!
  8. Last Lap Husqvarna
    A Class

fuel light

My fuel light comes on at 50 miles. It will vary on the type of riding.
  9. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I was out on a TE310 on the weekend in competition mode and was on fumes at 80kms. We were on the gas really hard though.

There is a lot of power left in the 310. I have been tinkering with the I-Beat and will post my findings when I am confident that they work better. From my findings, the bike is too rich. Leaning it out with the I-Beat seems to be making a big difference.
  10. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

Bike runs a bit on the rich side for sure right now, not having tinkered with the map. I'll be anxious to get your take on the I-Beat findings. Would love to spend the money on the software to have for years to come, but is it a user friendly program for do it yourselfers, and is it a program specific to one make/model of motorcycle? And getting 50 miles (comp. to 80kms) is a bit disappointing, but if that's when the light comes on, does anyone know how much is left in reserve at that point?
  11. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Ive been posting over at ThumperTalk regarding a Yamaha WR250F build up Im doing- but Ill post the dynos here as they are relevant. These show the difference in power between 10:1 AF (very rich), 12:1 (good for power) and 14:1 (best for emissions).

10:1 vs 12:1, peak gains are not that high but look at the area under the curve!

[IMG]

Point of diminishing returns. Max power gains have been relaized at 12:1, further leaning to 14:1 shows no increase in power, further leaning would ultimately decrease power, but that is dangerous!

[IMG]
  12. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    It is incredibly relevant.

Is this what is going on?

First pic green/blue = 12:1
    First pic red/pink = 10:1

Second pic green/blue = 12:1
    Second pic red/pink = 14:1
  13. kleemann Husqvarna
    A Class

Exactly!

I have my 05 TE450 on the dyno now- going to do some fine tuning of the jetting. I will post up pics and details (and start a new thread)!
  14. HUSQVNA Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm a little slow, but if I get this right, it appears running the leaner set up (O2 plugged in for the case of my TE310) I'm not really giving up any signifigant performance gains, possibly getting better mileage, AND Im being more environmentally friendly for all the eco nuts out there listening?! Great information guys, thank you.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold